According to a Gallup poll completed in 2013, 82% of respondents indicated that they believe nurses have high to very high levels of honesty and ethical standards, and nursing has been rated as the most trusted profession for several years (Gallup, 2010). What other values and characteristics are associated with the nursing profession? Which ones are the most professionally, academically, and personally significant to you?
We will write a custom paper on
AACN Competencies and the school Mission, Vision, and Outcomes
specifically for you
For this Discussion, you will consider the alignment of qualities outlined by the AACN with those promoted by Walden University.
You will examine the AACN document appropriate for your degree path and consider how you can incorporate either the Essentials or the Quality Indicators into your academic endeavors.
- Consider the competencies presented in The Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice (for DNP students) or The Research-Focused Doctoral Program in Nursing: Pathways to Excellence (for PhD students) in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Examine Walden University’s mission, vision, and university outcomes.
- Review the media presentation Introduction: The Doctor of Nursing Practice, which includes Dr. Joan Stanley’s comments about the AACN’s vision for the DNP degree.
- Identify commonalities among the concepts presented in each of these items.
- Think about your professional and academic goals. Consider how Walden’s standpoint and the AACN’s perspective fit with your objectives. Based on this information, what ideas do you have for incorporating a commitment to social change into your academic and professional plans?
Post 550 words essay in APA format with 3 references from the list below, that include the level one headings as numbered below:
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
1) Describe one or more significant ways in which Walden’s standpoint (i.e., vision, mission, social change message, and outcomes) relates to the AACN competencies as well as to your professional and academic goals.
2) Articulate a plan for incorporating social change into two of your professional and/or academic goals.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
| Place Order|| Down to work|| Paper is Ready! |
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account