In this Discussion, you gain experience in crafting learning objectives that are both meaningful to the learning activity and also measure the learning that is taking place. To begin, consider the following scenarios:
We will write a custom paper on
The Art of Crafting Meaningful, Measurable Learning Objectives
specifically for you
Scenario 1: In-service for nursing staff
Orange City is a mid-sized town comprised mostly of elderly and retired Caucasian adults. Since the addition of a new highway, shopping mall, and various other small businesses, Orange City has seen a recent explosion of families moving into the area. Many of these families come from diverse backgrounds adding a new layer of cultural diversity to the city. Because the nurses at Orange City hospital have traditionally worked with the same type of clientele, many have been taken off guard when individuals deny certain health care measures due to religious or cultural beliefs. One day the nursing manager approaches you, the nurse educator, and asks if you could create an in-service that highlights the ways culture and religion can impact patient responses to medicine, preventative care, and treatment options.
Scenario 2: Patient training session
As a patient educator at an endocrinologist’s office, you have the important responsibility to educate patients on health management. The lead physician at your office explains that she would like to see all Type 1 and Type 2 insulin-dependent diabetes patients use the insulin pump instead of insulin injections. You know that many patients tend to shy away from the pump system because of initial discomforts and worries. However, you agree that the insulin pump helps patients to receive a steady basal rate into their system. The advantages of using the pump as a replication of the pancreas definitely outweigh the act of giving injections after food consumption. Now you must figure out how to communicate and motivate patients towards this way of thinking.
Scenario 3: Educational leadership course
As an experienced registered nurse and full-time faculty at Bay Area University, you know how important it is for nursing students to develop effective leadership skills. You also know that becoming a leader in the nursing profession involves the ability to effectively manage colleagues who initiate conflict in the workplace. In reading students’ reflections, you see that many note a level of discomfort in working with conflict-prone colleagues. You realize that you need to engage students in a learning activity that will increase their acumen in managing conflict situations in the workplace.
· Reflect on this week’s Learning Resources, paying specific attention to the alignment between learning activities and learning objectives.
· Review this week’s media, Crafting Learning Objectives, to examine an effective approach to crafting meaningful, measurable learning objectives.
· Using your answers to the questions above, create learning objectives and a learning activity applicable to your scenario.
Posting Directions: When creating your post, use the title: “Learning activity for Scenario _____.”
Questions to be addressed in my paper:
1. Select one of the scenarios above for your posting. Then, consider the following questions:
- What are the learning needs illustrated in the scenario?
- What meaningful learning objectives could you craft to address these learning needs?
- How could you use the learning objectives to create an educational, learner-centered activity?
- What type of activity might you create to help your learners achieve the learning objectives?
- How can you use the learning objectives to measure if learning has taken place?
2. A list of the meaningful, measureable learning objectives you constructed and a thorough description of your learning activity.
3. Explain how this activity aligns to the learning objectives and justify how each of those objectives can be used to measure student, staff, or patient learning.
4. Conclusion/Summary of The Art of Crafting Meaningful,
Measurable Learning Objectives
1. Put APA citations and references 2011 – 2016….
2. Put headings on each addressed question.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
| Place Order|| Down to work|| Paper is Ready! |
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account