Get NURS 6241 Week 3: Philosophy-Goals and Objectives essay assignment
NURS 6241 Week 3: Philosophy-Goals and Objectives essay assignment
NURS 6241: Strategic Planning in Health Care Organizations | Week 3 essay assignment
Being clear about “why we are here” launches the process of determining the objectives and goals we want to achieve.
— Michele V. Sare and LeAnn Ogilvie, Strategic Planning for Nurses: Change Management in Health Care
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6241 Week 3: Philosophy-Goals and Objectives essay assignment
In Week 2, you examined mission and vision as the underpinning for strategic planning. As the quote above suggests, drawing from a sound mission and vision allows the strategic planning process to proceed with the articulation of the organization’s philosophy and development of goals and objectives.
This week, you continue to examine the strategic planning process, with a focus on the development of a philosophy statement, goals, and objectives for an organization.
- Analyze the process of developing philosophy statements
- Analyze the significance of and distinctions between organizational goals and objectives
- Evaluate organizational philosophy statements
- Evaluate organizational goals and objectives
Discussion: Developing a Philosophy, Goals, and Objectives essay assignment
As addressed in this week’s Learning Resources, an organization’s philosophy statement derives from its mission and indicates the values and beliefs that steer decision making. An organization’s philosophy statement should be used to develop goals and objectives that lead to assured action.
As effective organizations recognize, “setting specific goals in a clear and compelling way—and insisting that people work together to achieve them—is the best way to get results” (Ashkenas, 2012, para. 9).
This Discussion builds on the Week 2 Discussion 2, as you create a philosophy statement, goals, and objectives for Mountain View Health Center, the organization featured in the case study introduced last week.
You will continue to work within the same small group.
Note: You will develop an individual philosophy statement, goals, and objectives independently. Through the collegial exchange that follows, you will offer each other suggestions for refinement.
- Review information on philosophy statements, goals, and objectives in Chapter 7 of the Marquis and Huston text and in the other Learning Resources.
- Review the Mountain View Health Center case study presented in this week’s media, and reflect on the mission and vision statements you developed for Discussion 2 in Week 2.
- Conduct additional research as necessary to strengthen your understanding of the process for creating a philosophy statement and developing goals and objectives and to deepen your thinking about the organization. For instance, you may research organizations with similarities to Mountain View and examine their philosophy statements, goals, and objectives.
- Draft a philosophy statement for Mountain View Health Center.
- Craft at least one goal and at least one related objective to operationalize the philosophy.
- Consider what you have learned about the importance of the philosophy statement and the process of developing one, as well as the significance of and distinctions between goals and objectives.
By Day 3
Post a philosophy statement for Mountain View Health Center, at least one goal, and at least one related objective. Offer insights you have gained about the process of developing a philosophy statement, as well as the significance of and distinctions between organizational goals and objectives.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses. Consider the following:
- Are the philosophy statements, goals, and objectives clearly written and easy to understand?
- How well does the philosophy statement align with the mission and vision statements posted in Discussion 2 of Week 2? Does it reflect accepted values of the organization?
- Are the goals and objectives specific, measureable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound?
- How well do the philosophy statements, goals, and objectives reflect the stakeholders?
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days by evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of their philosophy statements, goals, and objectives. Suggest opportunities for refinement.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account