NURS 6550: Advanced Practice Care of Adults in Acute Care Settings I | Week 2
Psychosocial health conditions present many challenges in acute care settings. Consider a hospitalized patient who has depression and suffers from panic disorders. Such a patient not only may have comorbid health conditions but, like many patients diagnosed with psychosocial health conditions, also is more likely to be noncompliant with treatment regimens. Patients with psychosocial health conditions also have an increased risk of being readmitted to the hospital (American Hospital Association, 2012).
As an advanced practice nurse, you will often be the first point of contact for patients seeking treatment for psychosocial health conditions. Therefore, it is essential that you be able to stabilize and manage patients with multiple conditions, help them develop strong support systems, and ensure adherence to treatment plans.
This week, as you explore presentations of psychosocial health conditions in acute care settings, you will examine strategies for assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients with psychosocial health conditions.
We will write a custom paper on
NURS 6550 Week 2: Psychosocial Health Conditions
specifically for you
By the end of this week, students will:
- Evaluate patients with psychosocial health conditions
- Develop differential diagnoses for patients with psychosocial health conditions
- Develop treatment plans for patients with psychosocial health conditions
Discussion: Assessment of Psychosocial Health Conditions
In acute care settings, patients with psychosocial health conditions may present with a variety of complex symptoms that require comprehensive assessment. The results from this assessment are crucial to developing a diagnosis and creating an individualized treatment plan for a patient. For this Discussion, you focus on the assessment as you consider case studies of patients with psychosocial health conditions. You determine what history should be collected from the patients as well as what physical exams and diagnostic tests should be conducted, and you formulate a differential diagnosis with several possible conditions.
- Review this week’s media in Assessment of Psychosocial Health Conditions and select one of the three case studies.
- With the case study you selected in mind, reflect on the patient information provided.
- Think about the health history you would need to collect from the patient.
- Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to help you gather more information about the patient’s condition. Reflect on how results might be used to make a diagnosis.
- Identify at least five possible conditions to consider in a differential diagnosis for the patient.
By Day 3
Post a description of the health history you would need to collect from the patient in the case study you selected. Explain what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate and how the results would be used to make a diagnosis. List five possible conditions for the patient’s differential diagnosis and justify why you selected each.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days who selected different case studies than you. Analyze the possible conditions from your colleagues’ differential diagnoses. Determine which of the conditions you would reject and why. Identify the most likely condition and justify your reasoning.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
| Place Order|| Down to work|| Paper is Ready! |
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account