Get NURS 6670: Schizophrenia Spectrum-Other Psychotic Disorders essay assignment help
NURS 6670 Week 9: Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders essay assignment
NURS 6670: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Role II: Adults and Older Adults | Week 9 essay assignment
I am being followed. They are even in my home. I am crouched in the corner of my apartment, but they know I am here and are just waiting to get me. I have a secret and they are trying to get it. The secret is hidden in my brain and they are going to open my skull to get it out. I have to block them from getting into my brain. Hiding in the closet, behind all the clothes, they will not see me….
Jamie, age 26
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6670: Schizophrenia Spectrum-Other Psychotic Disorders essay assignment
There are many disorders that result in the development of “positive” symptoms, such as hallucinations and delusions, but not all of these conditions represent schizophrenia. When treating schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders, emphasis should be placed not only on treating the positive symptoms but the negative and residual symptoms as well.
This week, you will explore a wide variety of disorders along the schizophrenia spectrum as you become “captain of the ship” once again. You also will analyze issues involved with state practice agreements.
Assignment 1: “Captain of the Ship” Project – Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders essay assignment
In earlier weeks, you were introduced to the concept of the “captain of the ship.” In this Assignment, you become the “captain of the ship” once again as you provide treatment recommendations and identify medical management, community support resources, and follow-up plans for a client with a schizophrenia spectrum/other psychotic disorder.
- Recommend psychopharmacologic treatments based on therapeutic endpoints for clients with schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders
- Recommend psychotherapy based on therapeutic endpoints for clients with schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders
- Identify medical management needs for clients with schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders
- Identify community support resources for clients with schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders
- Recommend follow-up plans for clients with schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Select an adult or older adult client with a schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorder you have seen in your practicum.
In 3–4 pages, write a treatment plan for your client in which you do the following:
- Describe the HPI and clinical impression for the client.
- Recommend psychopharmacologic treatments and describe specific and therapeutic endpoints for your psychopharmacologic agent. (This should relate to HPI and clinical impression.)
- Recommend psychotherapy choices (individual, family, and group) and specific therapeutic endpoints for your choices.
- Identify medical management needs, including primary care needs, specific to this client.
- Identify community support resources (housing, socioeconomic needs, etc.) and community agencies that are available to assist the client.
- Recommend a plan for follow-up intensity and frequency and collaboration with other providers.
NURS 6670: Schizophrenia Spectrum-Other Psychotic Disorders
By Day 7
Submit your Assignment.
Week 9 Practicum Journal: State Practice Agreements essay assignment
In many states, nurse practitioners are completely autonomous professionals. In other states, however, NPs have a wide range of “restrictive” practice ranging from requirements for a “supervising” physician to requirements for a “collaborative” agreement with a physician.
In this Practicum Journal Assignment, you will examine the requirements of your own state in order to prepare yourself for the realities of practice upon graduation.
- Analyze state PMHNP practice agreements
- Analyze physician collaboration issues
- Analyze barriers to PMHNP independent practice
- Create plans for addressing state PMHNP practice issues
**Assigned in Week 9 and submitted in Week 10
To Prepare for this Practicum Journal:
- Review practice agreements in your state.
- Identify at least two physician collaboration issues in your state.
For this Practicum Journal:
- Briefly describe the practice agreements for PMHNPs in your state.
- Explain the two physician collaboration issues that you identified.
- Explain what you think are the barriers to PMHNPs practicing independently in your state.
- Outline a plan for how you might address PMHNP practice issues in your state.
By Day 7 of Week 10
Submit your Practicum Journal.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account