Get NURS 6730 Week 3: Organization and Financing of the Public Health essay assignment help
NURS 6730 Week 3: Organization and Financing of the Public Health essay assignment
NURS 6730: Public Health Nursing Leadership | Week 3 essay assignment
A complex array of institutions supports the delivery of public health services in the United States and around the globe. These include both governmental and private organizations. Effective leadership and management of these public health services requires a thorough understanding of these basic structural elements. Public health nurse leaders also need to be knowledgeable in the area of public health finance – the resources needed for delivery of essential public health services and how those resources are acquired and managed.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6730 Week 3: Organization and Financing of the Public Health essay assignment
This week, you will explore the organizational structure behind public health service delivery as well as the funding sources utilized to provide such services. You will also have an opportunity to reflect on the role of the public health nurse leader in influencing funding decisions, and identify the skills needed to successfully fulfill that responsibility.
- Analyze organizational structures of public health systems (A)
- Analyze funding sources of public health organizations (A)
- Analyze funding priority strategies of public health agencies (A)
- Analyze public health leaders’ influence on funding decisions (A)
- Analyze the implications funding has on public health leaders and public health organizations (A)
- Create detailed time logs (P)
- Analyze Practicum Experience problems, issues, or situations (P)
- Apply evidence-based concepts, principles, and theories to Practicum Experiences (P)
Assignment: Practicum Mentor Interview essay assignment
“Public health continues to redefine and rediscover itself, and a mentor can offer essential guidance, encouragement, and insight in times of uncertainty and stress.” (Mahayosnand & Stigler, 1999)
You have an opportunity in this course to deepen your understanding of complex course topics through your practicum experience and get a glimpse into real world applications of topics like the organization and financing of public health services.
For this Assignment, you will interview your practicum mentor to learn from their experience and perspective on the operational aspects of public health organizations.
Mahayosnand, P. P. & Stigler, M. H. (1999). The need for mentoring in public health. American Journal of Public Health, 89(8), 1262-1263. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1508696/pdf/amjph00008-0118.pdf
- Review this week’s Resources.
- Download and review the interview guide in the Resources.
- Interview your practicum mentor about: 1) his or her experience with finance in public health organizations in general and this agency/organization in particular; and 2) the public health accreditation process, both in general and for this particular agency/organization.
The Assignment: (1– to 2–page interview summary)
Write a summary analysis of your interview that includes responses to the following questions:
- How is this agency/organization funded?
- How are funding priorities set?
- If a PHN feels another public health issue needs to be considered a priority and it is not on the agency’s/organization’s agenda, how is it handled?
- Has the mentor had the experience of needing to stand up for an issue? Explain.
- How does this agencies/organization get community input on priorities?
- How has or does this agency/organization influence funding decisions?
- Then, based on the information gathered, conclude with an analysis of the implications funding has for public health nurse leaders and organizations working to address public health issues.
By Day 7
Submit your Interview Summary Analysis.
Note: Plan to keep the information that you collected during your Preceptor interview on the accreditation process since this will be applied in Week 7.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account