You are owner and executive level manager of a food and beverage shop which has eight locations. Each location is situated on very small parcels of land. This original strategy has contributed to somewhat lower operating expenses for the business and you view this as a competitive advantage.
We will write a custom paper on
Purpose of Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
specifically for you
One of your shop locations was recently visited by a government health inspector. Based on new local health codes, new laws have been issued requiring trash dumpsters be a minimum distance of 30 feet (9.144 meters) from the rear entrance of the building. New land-use laws require that all out buildings be at least 6 feet (1.8288 meters) from the property lines. The enclosure that houses the trash dumpster is 5 feet (1.524 meters) from the property lines, which is in violation of those laws. The government inspector has told your location manager that he would be willing to approve this if your business provides the food for his department’s holiday party. The location manager has conveyed this information to you.
The integrity of a business organization and its leaders is a universally accepted component of business ethics. In his article “Rethinking Integrity” Stratford Sherman outlines eight ways in which business leaders can manage a business organization with integrity.
After reading and reflecting on the scenario above, visit the Library and read pages 39–45 of the following article:
Sherman, S. (2003). Rethinking Integrity. Leader to Leader, (28), 39–45.
With Sherman’s eight steps as your guide, and supported by your other assigned chapter readings, write a paper of at least 2 full double-spaced pages. Describe the steps necessary for you to assess and take action demonstrating ethics and corporate social responsibility in this situation. What, if anything, does the nature of the holiday party have to do with your decision and actions in this matter? How will your decisions and actions influence the ethics environment of the shop in particular and the corporate social responsibility of your business in general?
Click the following to view your article: Unit 8 – Sherman, S. (2003). Rethinking integrity. Leader to Leader, (28), 39–45.
Critical Elements for this Assignment:
- Write your original response in Standard English, paying special attention to grammar, style, and mechanics.
- Respond to each part of the Assessment in a thorough manner.
- Ensure that your viewpoint and purpose are clearly stated.
- Demonstrate logical and appropriate transitions from one idea to another.
- Your paper should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
Minimal Submission Requirements:
- Your Assessment paper should be at least 2 full double-spaced pages in length, using size 12-point font in Word.
- Be sure your paper is well written in paragraph form, with correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- You may use external sources in addition to the required module readings. Cite any external sources used.
- Your paper must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, grammar, and mechanics.
- Your paper should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
| Place Order|| Down to work|| Paper is Ready! |
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account