For this Application Assignment, you are to use the format on the attached word document on the issues of data quality, patient safety, and access to health care. Reflect on your own practices and review your readings and the media programs about how information technology improves patient safety and quality of care.
We will write a custom paper on
Using Information Technology to Improve Patient Safety and Quality of Nursing Care
specifically for you
MAKE SURE THE REFERENCES ARE APA FORMATT.
Conduct additional research using the Walden Library. Then, addressing the following:
•Describe strategies that are used to ensure the accuracy and safety of data entered into information systems used in nursing practice.
•Explain the importance of data integrity for health care institutions.
•Summarize how information technology contributes to patient safety and to access to health care.
Make sure to refer to your Application Assignment Rubric prior to submission. Support your position or those of others with references from the professional literature.
I HAVE ATTACHED THE APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT RUBRIC TO THIS PAPER.
- Course Text: Handbook of Informatics for Nurses and Healthcare Professionals
- Chapter 3, “Ensuring the Quality and Best Use of Information”
Chapter 3 discusses the process of collecting, storing, and retrieving data. It also provides strategies and techniques for data verification and data management, as well as the attributes of quality information.
- Chapter 4, “Ensuring the “The Internet and the World Wide Web: An Overview”
Chapter 4 discusses basic concepts and applications of the Internet and World Wide Web inclusive of basic search strategies and criteria for evaluating the quality of online information.
Select and read two of the following articles:
- Meeks, D. W., Smith, M. W., Taylor, L., Sittig, D. F., Scott, H. M., Singh, H. (2014). An analysis of electronic health record-related patient safety concerns. Nov; 21 (6): 1053-9.
- Mitchell, J. K. (2011). Nursing informatics 101: Using technology to improve patient care. ONS Connect, 26(4), 8–12.
- Rice, S., Tahir, D. (2014). The human factor. Modern Healthcare Aug 18; 44 (33): 12-5.
- Seibert, H. H., Maddox, R. R., Flynn, E. A., Williams, C. K. (2014)). American Journal of Health System Pharmacy Feb 1; 71 (3): 209-18.
- Sherwood. G., Zomorodi, M. (2014). A new mindset for quality and safety: the QSEN competencies redefine nurses’ roles in practice. Nephrology Nursing Journal Jan-Feb; 41 (1): 15-72. ISSN: 1526-744X PMID: 24689261
- AMIA Nursing Informatics History Project
Learn more about the evolution of nursing informatics by viewing some of the video interviews presented at this site.
- Public Health Informatics Institute
The Public Health Informatics Institute explores the creation and implementation of a variety of information systems. Learn more about what is going on in health informatics at this site.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
| Place Order|| Down to work|| Paper is Ready! |
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account