Read Consider: What’s in a Name of an Ethics Code? in Chapter 9 (look below), then answer these following questions from the text:
We will write a custom paper on
What’s in a Name of an Ethics Code
specifically for you
- How does the title of a company’s ethics document affect your attitude about the content? Is one title more attractive than another?
- What is the overall message that the title of the code of conduct conveys? Does it reflect the purpose of the document to provide employee guidance on expected conduct?
- Propose creative titles for ethics codes for a pharmaceutical company and a restaurant. (Gonzalez-Padron, 2015).
- Look for two other company ethics documents and share the titles of their ethics documents (consider your own organization or one that you are familiar with for this question).
A review of the ECOA member listing shows some of the titles that may be used for ethics professionals:
- Chief ethics and compliance officer
- Chief risk, compliance and ethics officer
- Vice president, corporate responsibility
- Vice president, global compliance and ethics
- Director of business conduct
- Director of integrity, security and compliance
- Director, corporate compliance and ethics
- Director, ethics and integrity programs
- Director, ethics and regulatory compliance
- Senior manager, ethics and non-financial corporate policies and procedures
- Senior manager, global ethics and compliance
- Senior vice president, global [corporate social responsibility] and risk management
- Manager, business integrity and compliance
- Manager, ethics and employee issues
Questions to Consider
- Why does the ethics function vary among organizations? What company factors would lead to the wording of the ethics function?
- Which titles reflect a focus on compliance only? Which titles reflect a focus on ethics?
- Does a title provide sufficient authority to oversee an organization’s ethics program? Does the title of the ethics professional indicate a level of autonomy in addressing ethical issues?
e of Conduct in Medical Tourism
Medical Tourism has become a growing industry, especially in developing countries. Research the topic of medical tourism and reflect on the ethics related to this industry. Develop a code of conduct for medical tourism.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
| Place Order|| Down to work|| Paper is Ready! |
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account