Get Aging across the lifespan discussion essay assignment help
Aging across the lifespan discussion essay assignment
Young Adulthood to Later Adulthood Scenarios
Socioemotional development is, by no means, limited to the young. As we enter adulthood and progress toward old age, we experience any number of changes in our sense of self and our relationships with others.
To prepare for this Discussion, review this week’s Learning Resources.
By Day 3, post a comprehensive response to one of the following:
- Consider what you have been exposed to in the Learning Resources about the various stages of development. What challenges does a young adult face in establishing independence?
- Consider a midlife transition from the following list: menopause, job loss, marriage, divorce, empty nesting, nurturing children and parents (care giving). How might one of the dimensions of personality presented in the five factor models (see Section 13.3 of your textbook) affect an individual’s ability to cope with this midlife transition?
- From the socioemotional perspective, discuss the issues that an individual may confront when planning for the transition to retirement.
Include specific examples to help support your position. Be sure to use supporting documentation and cite your sources in correct APA format.
- Course Text: Kail, R. V., & Cavanaugh, J. C. (2016). Human development: A life-span view. (7th ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 10, “Becoming an Adult: Physical, Cognitive, and Personality Development in Young Adulthood”
- Section 10.1, “Emerging Adulthood”
- Section 10.4, “Who Do You Want to Be? Personality in Young Adulthood”
- Chapter 11, “Being With Others: Forming Relationships in Young and Middle Adulthood”
- Section 11.1, “Relationships”
- Chapter 12, “Work, Leisure, and Retirement”
- Section 12.1, “Occupational Selection and Development”
- Section 12.3, “Occupational Transitions”
- Chapter 13, “Making It in Midlife: The Biopsychosocial Challenges of Middle Adulthood Section 13.3, “Personality”
- Chapter 14, “The Personal Context of Later Life: Physical, Cognitive, and Mental Health Issues”
- Section 14.4, “Mental Health and Intervention”
- Chapter 15, “Social Aspects of Later Life: Psychosocial, Retirement, Relationship, and Societal Issues”
- Section 15.1, “Theories of Psychosocial Aging”
- Section 15.2, “Personality, Social Cognition, and Spirituality”
- In this week’s textbook reading, you will be examining the aging process in adults by exploring socioemotional development in the later lifespan. From adulthood through old age, you will be probing elements of adulthood that affect aging such as relationships, occupational issues, personality, mental health, spirituality, and others.
- Video: Twin Cities Public Television. (Producer). (2010). Life (Part 2) [Web Video]. Available at http://www.pbs.org/lifepart2/watch
HEALTH INFORMATICS DISCUSSION BOARD 250 TO 350 WORDS
Privacy Issues and Technology
To prepare for this Discussion, review the Week 5 resources related to interoperability and health care standards.
Then, by Day 3, discuss the importance of:
- Interoperability to health care information.
- The role of privacy and security in health information.
- The three security standards: technical, physical and administrative standards.
Application: Standards, Privacy and Security
To complete this Application Assignment, write a 2-3 page paper that addresses all of the following:
- Explain why health IT privacy and security standards are important.
- What individual and/or groups are accountable for maintaining patient privacy? Who is responsible for health system security?
- What are two important considerations when assessing the security of a health IT system?
- What government regulations guide those decisions?
- Name and describe two safeguards utilized for system security.
Your written assignments must follow APA guidelines. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Style for Walden Students to ensure your in-text citations and reference list are correct.
Submit your Application Assignment by Day 7.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (n.d.). Reassessing your security practices in a health IT environment: A guide for small health care practices. [Part of the Health IT Privacy and Security Toolkit.]The Health IT Privacy and Security Toolkit was developed by the Department of Health and Human Services and is considered federal government information and is in the public domain. Provided by http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/special/healthit/.Read pp. 6–9, “Securing Electronic Health Information in Your Health IT Environment.”
- American Hospital Association. (2003). The patient care partnership. Retrieved from http://www.aha.org/content/00-10/pcp_english_030730.pdf
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society. (n.d.). Why Do We Need Interoperability Standards? Retrieved from: http://www.himss.org/library/interoperability-standards/why-do-we-need-standards?navItemNumber=17493
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (n.d.). Interoperability vs Health Information Exchange: Setting the Record Straight. Retrieved from: http://www.healthit.gov/buzz-blog/meaningful-use/interoperability-health-information-exchange-setting-record-straight/
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (n.d.). Standards & Interoperability. Retrieved from: http://www.healthit.gov/providers-professionals/ehr-interoperability
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (n.d.). Health Information Privacy, Guidance Materials for Consumers. Retrieved from http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/index.html
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights. (2013). HIPAA Administrative Simplification (pp.10-115). Read the Notice of Privacy Practices section, pages 101-103.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2010, June 22). Fact Sheet: The Affordable Care Act’s New Patient Bill of Rights. Retrieved from http://cuellar.house.gov/uploadedfiles/new_patients_bill_of_rights_fact_sheet_final.pdf
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account