Get Applying duty ethics to the Mattel case essay assignment help
Applying duty ethics to the Mattel case essay assignment
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on Applying duty ethics to the Mattel case essay assignment
Sethi, S., Veral, E., Shapiro, H., & Emelianova, O. (2011). Mattel, Inc.: Global manufacturing principles (GMP) – A life-cycle analysis of a company-based code of conduct in the toy industry. Journal of Business Ethics, 99(4), 483-517. Retrieved from ProQuest.
In a well-written, 4- page paper (not including cover and reference pages), apply Duty Ethics to the Mattel case study.
1. Briefly (1-2 paragraphs) describe what is meant by duty ethics (Duty-based ethics. (2014). BBC. Retrieved from http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/introduction/duty_1.shtml ).
2. Choose two ethical issues raised by the Mattel case (e.g., Mattel’s treatment of company employees would be a good choice of ethical issues).
3. Apply duty ethics to your two Step 2 choices. How does use of duty ethics as a lens inform the ethical nature of your two choices? Remember that duty ethics concerns duty and rights, so be sure to address both in your written analysis.
4. Be sure to include at least two sources from the library to support your discussion and analysis.
5. Be sure that you properly cite your sources using proper APA style, and use proper in-text citations.
6. Follow the guidelines in The Student Guide to Writing a High Quality Academic Paper
7. You are expected to demonstrate evidence of critical thinking – as defined in the Module 2 background materials and the grading rubric.
Module 4 – SLP
By now, you should be very familiar with the Mattel case. In the Module 4 SLP, we will evaluate the Mattel case study in the context of Corporate Social Responsibility. Specifically, socially responsible organizations behave in certain ethical ways. Socially responsible organizations tend to go above and beyond the rules, mores, and expectations that have been established (and that are expected to be adhered to) by the general public, company employees, end customers, buyers and suppliers, and the government, for example. We will investigate the ways in which Mattel’s behaviors and actions contravened the tenets of “socially responsible” behavior.
Read the following excerpt related to CSR. As you read, consider the benefits realized by socially responsible organizations, and how the leadership at Mattel operated counter to CSR tenets:
Corporate social responsibility. (2013). International Institute for Sustainable Development. Retrieved from https://www.iisd.org/business/issues/sr.aspx
In a well-written, 2- page paper, discuss how the Mattel case informs our understanding of what it means for companies to be “socially responsible.”
Keys to the Assignment
1. In the context of CSR, in what ways did Mattel demonstrate – not social responsibility – but social irresponsibility? Consider how the company’s actions may have run counter to the tenets of CSR through its neglect of duty to the company’s shareholders, its employees, and even the larger public trust. Be sure to cite specific examples.
2. What have been the long-term consequences of Mattel’s actions, and how did the company’s implosion change our view of what it means for a company to be “socially responsible”?
3. Be sure that you use at least two references from the library, and that you properly cite your sources.
4. Follow the guidelines in The Student Guide to Writing a High Quality Academic Paper
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account