Get Biological Psychology essay assignment help
Biological Psychology essay assignment
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on Biological Psychology essay assignment
Write a 2–3-page assessment in which you address the topics of addictions and mental heath disorders by responding to a series of questions.
Addiction is not a new issue in our society. The impact on the addicted person’s life and that of his or her family differs dependent on the nature of the addiction, social norms, and laws. For example drunk driving only became a concern once moving vehicles became the norm. When reviewing the nature of addiction, the types of addiction, and the level of addiction, you will find it is a most complicated issue.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
• Competency 1: Use information technology and tools to identify information in the domain of biological psychology. ▪ Discuss the physiological mechanisms that make people prone to addiction. ▪ Describe which mental disorders are commonly paired with some type of addiction.
• Competency 2: Employ critical and creative thinking to evaluate problems, conflicts, and unresolved issues in the study of biological psychology. ▪ Discuss addictions common in today’s society.
• Competency 4: Assess the important theories, paradigms, research findings, and conclusions in biological psychology. ▪ Discuss the mental disorders that are commonly seen in today’s society.
• Competency 5: Apply knowledge of theory and research in the study of biological psychology to inform personal behavior and values, understand social policy, and develop professional goals and plans. ▪ Describe the connection between addiction and mental disorders.
• Competency 6: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
▪ Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a psychology professional.
▪ Use APA style and format. Context When dealing with addiction, the central hypothesis is that behavioral and cognition impairment caused by drug addiction may be due to the changes in the brain and the imbalance of neurotransmitters in the neuron. The physical change of the brain (usually referred to as neurodegeneration) makes some addictions lifelong. In addition, current scientific discoveries on the role of genes in addiction continues to further our understanding of heredity and environmental influences on learning and cognition behaviors. Show More Reward and Reinforcer Two key terms that demonstrate the mechanisms of drug addiction are reward and reinforcer . Reward refers to the positive effect an object or condition has on the user such as drugs, food,
TEMPLATE_PSYC-FP4310_00003: 2015-07-10 15:13:02.656454
sexual contact, and warmth. A reinforcer is any object or event that increases the probability of the response that precedes it.
The term schizophrenia was coined in 1911 by the Swiss psychiatrist Eugen Bleuler from the combination of two Greek words meaning “split mind.” The term refers to the distortion of thought and emotion that are “split off” from reality. Schizophrenia is a disabling disorder characterized by perceptual, emotional, and intellectual deficits, loss of contact with reality, and inability to function in life. An estimated 3 million Americans will develop schizophrenia during their lifetime. About 100,000 patients take up 20 percent of psychiatric beds in the United States. Schizophrenia is more common in males, while other disorders, such as depression, are more common in females.
Questions To Consider
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.
• Why are some addictions more socially acceptable than other addictions?
• Do you see mental disorders and addictions general and constant across all cultures, or are addictions and mental disorders more culturally based? Resources
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account