Get Biology-Technology essay assignment help
Biology-Technology essay assignment
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on Biology-Technology essay assignment
Addresses course outcomes 1-4:
- recognize and explain how the scientific method is used to solve problems
- make observations and discriminate between scientific and pseudoscientific explanations
- weigh evidence and make decisions based on strengths and limitations of scientific knowledge and the scientific
- use knowledge of biological principles, the scientific method, and appropriate technologies to ask relevant
- questions, develop hypotheses, design and conduct experiments, interpret results, and draw conclusions
1. Select one of the topics listed below.
2. Find at least two information sources related to the topic. You can find assistance with searching for articles at the
3. Write a 750-1500 word paper, excluding references and title page. You must read the information sources that you
find and summarize the information in your own words, addressing each of the questions and expectations for your
chosen topic. Extensive quotes from the article are discouraged. Use APA style for citing references,
4. Post your assignment to your Assignments folder by the due date listed in the course schedule.
Topics (select one)
a) Genetically modified organisms (GMOs). What is the purpose genetic engineering of crop plants and domestic
animals? Briefly explain how GMOs are created. What foods in your supermarket contain GMOs? Are foods that
contain GMOs safe for human consumption? What types of regulations exist for these foods? Clearly explain your
reasoning for each answer. The following website from FDA regarding GMO regulation may be helpful:http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm352067.htm
b) Stem cells. Your friend had a spinal cord injury after a bad car accident. The medical team has decided that he is a
good candidate for a clinical trial using stem cell therapy. Your friend has not had a biology course since high
school, so you decide to write him a letter sharing your knowledge of stem cells. Include in your letter a description of
the biology of stem cells and how these cells are unique from other cells. Contrast the different types of stem cells,
including pros and cons of each.
Explain how stems cells are can be used to treat diseases and injury, with special focus on spinal cord injuries.
Conclude with your own opinion. The following website from NIH regarding stem cell research will be very helpful:
c) Fracking (hydraulic fracturing) and tar sands (oil sands). With society’s dependence on nonrenewable fossil
fuels, the oil & gas industry is turning to the use of hydraulic fracturing and tar (oil) sands to extract natural gas and
oil respectively. A friend asks you “What’s all this controversy in the news about fracking and tar sands?” Briefly
explain to your friend how hydraulic fracturing and tar (oil) sands are used to obtain these fossil fuels. Then, in more
detail, describe the environmental problems that may result from these processes and why they are controversial.
Issues that may be addressed involves, but are not limited to, water, air and soil pollution, effects on human health,
effects on other species and natural ecosystems. Finally, give your opinions on possible solutions to these
environmental problems, with your reasoning backed by the references that you studied. The following websites
from EPA may be helpful: http://www2.epa.gov/hydraulicfracturing
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account