Get Complexity Science-Chaos Theory essay assignment help
Complexity Science-Chaos Theory essay assignment
Through this week’s Learning Resources, you have been exploring complexity science and chaos theory. For nurses who strive to offer impactful leadership and effective management, how could this information be applied to produce better outcomes?
For this Discussion, you address the relevance of complexity science and chaos theory to a specific situation in an organization.
- Review the information in the Learning Resources, including Learning Exercise 8.8 on pages 177–178 of the textbook. How would you apply insights related to complexity science and chaos theory to this scenario? Consider the implications for a nurse executive, nurse manager, charge nurse, and an informal team leader.
- Bring to mind a related example from your organization or one with which you are familiar.
- As you think about these examples, consider the relevance of complexity science and chaos theory to the organization and, specifically, for nurses in various roles who have differing responsibilities (e.g., a nurse executive versus a unit-level manager).
By Day 3
Post a description of the relevance of complexity science and chaos theory to a specific situation in your organization or one with which you are familiar. Explain how you would use this knowledge base to be most effective in various nursing leadership and management roles (e.g., as a nurse executive, unit-level manager, charge nurse, team leader).
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
Include a description of the relevance of complexity science and chaos theory to a specific situation in your organization or one with which you are familiar. Explain how you would use this knowledge base to be most effective in various nursing leadership and management roles (e.g., as a nurse executive, unit-level manager, charge nurse, team leader).
Marquis, B. L., & Huston, C. J. (2015). Leadership roles and management functions in nursing: Theory and application (8th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins.
- Chapter 8, “Planned Change”
Chapter 8 focuses on leading planned change. Consider how you might apply the concepts in your own work setting or how the strategies presented could facilitate the change process.
Note: You are required to read at least two of the following articles. Additional reading will increase your understanding of these theories and strategic planning tools.
Martin, C. M. and Félix–Bortolotti, M. (2014), Person–centred health care: a critical assessment of current and emerging research approaches. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice, 20, 1056–1064. DOI: 10.1111/jep.12283
Copyright 2014 by John Wiley & Sons – Journals. Reprinted by permission of John Wiley & Sons – Journals via the Copyright Clearance Center.
Mitchell, G. (2013). Selecting the best theory to implement planned change. Nursing Management–UK, 20(1), 32–37. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
Radtke, K., (2013). Improving patient satisfaction with nursing communication using bedside shift report. Clinical Nurse Specialist, 27(1), 19–25. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
Salmela, S., Eriksson, K., & Fagerström, L. (2013). Nurse leaders’ perceptions of an approaching organizational change. Qualitative Health Research, 23(5), 689–699. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
Shirey, M. R. (2013). Lewin’s theory of planned change as a strategic resource. The Journal of Nursing Administration 43(2), 69–72. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account