There are many topics you can consider for your paper. You may find that your topic is very general and you will then need to narrow it down. Some topics could include:
gun control, media perceptions, death penalty, undocumented workers, New Jim Crow, gender exploitation, social media, police corruption, gambling in athletics, cheating in academic settings, relationships, homelessness, famous individuals, crossing borders, white privilege, driving while Black/Brown, stigma, juvenile delinquency, environmental racism, sexual orientation, Albany movement, whistle blowers, unnecessary surgery (medical sociology)
· Additional Topic Ideas: Sample Topics for the Sociology 101 Paper. (Links to an external site.)
· Research Sources
o PCC Shatford Library Sociology LibGuide
o Online Sociology Resources (Links to an external site.) (University of Colorado, Department of Sociology)
o MLA Citation & Formatting Guide (Links to an external site.)
This week you will need to do the following:
1. Select your topic
2. Find 2-3 external resources about your topic from: books, newspaper articles, news-magazine articles, sociological journals, internet sites, videos, DVD’s, interviews, etc.) In short, you need a combination of resources.
3. Post on this page your:
1. Topic & why it is interesting for you
2. Short summary of your topic
3. URL links to your external resources
You will be able to write it directly on this page. You will not be able to move onto the next module until you have completed this. Also, please write your name after your contribution. An example has been done for you.
4. To contribute to this page
1. On the right hand menu, click on the EDIT THIS PAGE button. This opens this page for editing.
2. When you have finished adding your information, click on the SAVE CHANGES button at the bottom of the editing window.
1. Papers must be 3-5 pages, 12 pt. double-spaced.
2. Papers must include one paradigm (one only).
3. Paper structure: Introduction, Body of Paper (where you discuss your findings), and Conclusion. Be sure to use sociological terms from this course to discuss your topic!
4. Papers must include at least 5 resources from: books, newspaper articles, news-magazine articles, sociological journals, internet sites, videos, DVD’s, interviews, etc.) In short, you need a combination of resources.
5. Papers must include MLA in-text citations and a Works Cited list.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account