- Resource: Ethics Case Study Grading Criteria on your student website.
- Read the case study in Ch. 4 of Medical Law and Ethics that begins, “Jerry McCAll is Dr. William’s office assistant.”
- Prepare a 700- to 1050-word paper in which you answer the following questions:
o Does Jerry’s medical training qualify him to issue this refill order? Why or why not?
We will write a custom paper on
Ethics Case Study
specifically for you
o Would it make a difference if the medication requested were for control of high blood pressure that the patient critically needs on a daily basis? Why or why not?
o If Jerry calls in the refill and the patient has an adverse reaction while flying, is Jerry protected from a lawsuit under the doctrine of respondent superior?
o What is your advice to Jerry?
o Identify major legal and ethical issues that may affect Jerry’s decision.
o What problem-solving methods might be helpful to assist in making an ethical decision?
- Include at least two sources in your paper.
· Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines
Week 2 DQs
- Does a professional code determine what is ethically correct for those who are not members, or only for members?
- What challenges of organizational ethics are unique to a health care organization?
- Are the concepts of autonomy, justice, and beneficence, or similar concepts, useful for analysis of organizational ethics?
- What role do mission and values statements play in organizational ethics? What role should they play?
Week 3 Learning Team Assignment: Code of Ethics Paper
- Resource: Code of Ethics Paper Grading Criteria on your student website.
- Research and select a health care organization in which you locate the mission statement, its code of ethics, and core values.
- Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper in which you discuss ethics in a health care organization. Include the following:
o What are the organization’s goals? How are they tied to its ethical principles? Describe the role and importance of the corporation’s ethical values.
o What is the relationship between the organization’s culture and ethical decision-making?
o Is it important that the organization’s ethical values support your ethical values? Explain.
o Is there a social responsibility for the organization in the community? Explain and provide examples.
- Include at least three sources in your paper.
- Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
| Place Order|| Down to work|| Paper is Ready! |
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account