Get Individual Differences essay assignment help
Individual Differences essay assignment
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on Individual Differences essay assignment
Write a 5–6-page discussion of practical ways to apply to your life your understanding about individual differences in learning and memory, based on three peer-reviewed research articles that help you understand individual learning differences.
In this assessment, you will be able to apply the knowledge you have gained regarding individual differences and learning and memory in your personal or professional life.
The following optional resources are provided to support you in completing the assessment or to provide a helpful context. For additional resources, refer to the Research Resources and Supplemental Resources in the left navigation menu of your courseroom.
The following e-books or articles from the Capella University Library are linked directly in this course:
- Kozhevnikov, M. (2007). Cognitive styles in the context of modern psychology: Toward an integrated framework of cognitive style. Psychological Bulletin, 133(3), 464–481.
- Ackerman, P. L., Bowen, K. R., Beier, M., & Kanfer, R. (2001). Determinants of individual differences and gender differences in knowledge. Journal of Educational Psychology, 93(4), 797–825.
- Cherry, K. E., & LeCompte, D. C. (1999). Age and individual differences influence prospective memory. Psychology and Aging, 14(1), 60–76.
- Horowitz, L. M., & Turan, B. (2008). Prototypes and personal templates: Collective wisdom and individual differences. Psychological Review, 115(4), 1054–1068.
- Oreg, S. & Bayazit, M. (2009). Prone to bias: Development of a bias taxonomy from an individual differences perspective. Review of General Psychology, 13(3), 175–193.
Course Library Guide
A Capella University library guide has been created specifically for your use in this course. You are encouraged to refer to the resources in the PSYC-FP3500 – Learning and Cognition Library Guide to help direct your research.
The resources listed below are relevant to the topics and assessments in this course and are not required. Unless noted otherwise, these materials are available for purchase from the Capella University Bookstore. When searching the bookstore, be sure to look for the Course ID with the specific –FP (FlexPath) course designation.
- Terry, W. S. (2009). Learning and memory: Basic principles, processes, and procedures (4th ed.). Boston, MA: Allyn and Bacon.
- You may find Chapter 12 particularly relevant to the topics in this assessment.
Write a 5–6-page discussion of practical ways to apply to your life your understanding about individual differences in learning and memory. Based your discussion on three peer-reviewed research articles that help you understand individual learning differences.
Although many effects in memory and psychology in general are presented as universal, applying to everyone at all times and at all places, there are important differences among individuals in how they process and recall information. For instance, demographic differences such as age, gender, and culture of origin may have an impact on how we remember; other dimensions of individual difference may be intelligence, creativity, and motivation. Some of these differences are related to biology, others are related to the social environment, and some are related to both.
As you prepare for this assessment, research how one of these variables will change how people experience a learning situation—for example, learning a foreign language, remembering the names of people at a party, or studying for a biology exam or other academic test. Think how this dimension could explain the differences between your own experiences and those of others you know.
For this assessment, complete the following:
- Describe a learning context of interest—for example, learning a foreign language, studying for an exam, or remembering names at a party. Feel free to use an example from one of the other assessments in the course. Describe the types of memory and learning involved and the memory and learning problems involved (for instance, problems with memory such as forgetting, amnesia, and the tip-of-the-tongue effect).
- Write up a brief, hypothetical case study where two people learn and experience a learning situation differently. Note that you can contrast circumstances involving memory deficits and also circumstances of exceptional performance. Difference should be related to the dimensions of individual difference addressed in step 1, above.
- Find at least three peer-reviewed articles reporting an empirical study (including methods, measures, and results) that help you understand individual learning differences. In other words, how could the result change due to individual differences such age, gender, or culture? Summarize these sources. Apply the scholarship you have found to explain how the individuals in your case study learn and remember differently.
- Describe the methods, measures, and results reported in the research to help understand individual learning differences.
- How would you apply the knowledge you have gained regarding individual differences and learning and memory in your personal or professional life?
Strive to be as concise as possible and limit the length of your completed assessment to 5–6 pages, in addition to the title page and references page. Support your statements and analyses with references and citations from at least three resources.
- Include a title page and a reference page.
- Use at least three resources.
- Follow APA format.
- Note: You may use the APA Paper Template linked in the Resources. This resource is not required.
- Use 12-point, Times New Roman font.
- Double-space your paper.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account