You work for the State Bureau of Prisons, Office of the Inspector General, as an attorney and have been asked to review two key issues involving several correctional officers at your state prison and the conduct of the attorney assigned to represent these officers.
We will write a custom paper on
Key Issues Before Correctional Officers
specifically for you
The officers claim that several inmates assaulted them and caused them bodily harm. Such an assault automatically mandates an additional two years to the inmates’ prison term should the allegations prove to be true.
During the interviews and subsequent hearing surrounding the allegations, one of the inmates makes the following arguments:
- He and the other inmates were falsely charged.
- The earlier interviews and hearings involving him and the other inmates were conducted by the warden and the chief correctional officer.
You are aware of this practice but have no evidence. You suspect abuse and misconduct on the part of the prison administration and correctional officers.
Write a 4- to 5-page report in Microsoft Word document analyzing
- The ethical issues at stake and whether there is an ethical violation of the legal code.
- How you will decide the case, based on the facts of the case and research?
- How you will justify your decision, based on the facts of the case and research?
Correctional Officer Misconduct Memo
If you find there was misconduct on the part of the warden and the correctional officers and they are not disciplined, what would be your next step? Explain in detail if and why you would:
- Go to the warden’s supervisor or other appropriate authority
- Let the issue go and ignore things from this point onward.
For more information on the standard of conduct of prison employees, visit the following website and enter the keyword: Code of Ethics
American Correctional Association(ACA)
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
| Place Order|| Down to work|| Paper is Ready! |
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account