The amount of new information and data, and the number of available technologies are growing at an ever-accelerating rate. Did you know that during any given 24 hours, humanity generates enough new information to fill the Library of Congress 70 times (Smolan & Erwitt, 2012)? As a nurse informaticist, it is important to keep current on new developments in the field, but with the rapid pace of change, that effort can be overwhelming. It is easier to keep current with key trends if nurse informaticists focus on selected issues.
We will write a custom paper on
Key Topics in Health Care Technology Evaluation
specifically for you
In this Discussion, you consider key topics in the field of health care technology. You then consider the different approaches you could take when designing an evaluation in these areas. For example, if you are interested in usability, your goal could be to determine if a system is user friendly from the viewpoint of a nurse. A different goal might be to determine if the location of the system facilitates ease of use from the viewpoint of physicians.
Note: This Discussion serves as practice for the first part of your Evaluation Project. What you derive from your Discussion with colleagues will likely inform the work that you do in Part 1 of the Evaluation Project.
The Discussion focuses on the following major topics in the health care information field:
Implementing HIT Systems
- Consumer health information
- Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE)
- Decision support systems
- Electronic health records (EHR)
- Tele-medicine and eHealth
- Nursing documentation
Other Issues Related to the Use of HIT Systems
- Unforeseen consequences
- Select at least two topics from the lists above that are relevant to your current organization or that are of particular interest to you. Read the articles in this week’s Learning Resources that relate to these topics. Consider why these topics are of interest to you, what relevance they have to health care organizations, and how they impact your professional responsibilities. Choose one topic to be the focus of your Evaluation Project, and consider potential evaluation goals.
- Determine the viewpoint from which you would approach the evaluation, and why.
Post a minimum of 550 words essay in APA format with a minimum of 3 references from the list of required resources below, that addresses the level one headings as numbered below:
1) Post the two topics you identified as most relevant to your organization or to you personally, and explain why you selected those topics.
2) Identify the topic you selected for your Evaluation Project, and propose three potential evaluation goals for this topic.
3) Identify the viewpoint you would use with each goal, and explain why.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
| Place Order|| Down to work|| Paper is Ready! |
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account