We will write a custom paper on
Laboratory : Population Biology
specifically for you
1. Make a hypothesis about how you think the two species of Paramecium will grow alone and how they will grow when they are grown together. (Make sure you understand what a hypothesis is before you address this!)
2. Explain how you tested your hypothesis. (Give details of how you conducted your experiment. Consider this the “Methods” section of a lab report.)
3. On what day did the Paramecium caudatum population reach the carrying capacity of the environment when it was grown alone? How do you know?
4. On what day did the Paramecium aurelia population reach the carrying capacity of the environment? How do you know?
5. Explain the differences in the population growth patterns of the two Paramecium species. What does this tell you about how Paramecium aurelia uses available resources?
6. Describe what happened when the Paramecium populations were mixed in the same test tube. Do the results support the principle of competitive exclusion?
7. Explain how this experiment demonstrates that no two species can occupy the same niche.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
| Place Order|| Down to work|| Paper is Ready! |
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account