Jennings, Marianne. (2018). Business: its legal, ethical, and global environment (11th ed.). Mason, OH: Cengage Learning.
We will write a custom paper on
Legal responsibility of social media with regards to crimes
specifically for you
Assignment 1: Facebook Live Killings
Worth 280 points
Read the article Cleveland Shooting Highlight’s Facebook’s Responsibility in Policing Depraved Videos
located at http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/cleveland-shooting-highlights-facebook-sresponsibility-
Write a four (4) page paper in which you:
1. Introduction of Facebook (Mission Statement/Vision Statement).
2. Discuss whether or not you believe that Facebook has a legal or ethical duty to rescue a crime
3. Suggest and elaborate on three ways that social media platforms can be more proactive and
thorough with their review of the types of content that appear on their sites.
4. Propose two safeguards that Facebook and other social media platforms should put into place to
help prevent acts of violence from being broadcasted.
5. Conduct some research to determine whether or not Facebook has an Ethics Officer or Oversight
Committee. If so, discuss the key functions of these positions. If not, debate on whether or not
they should create these roles.
6. Propose two changes Facebook should adopt to encourage ethical use of their platform.
7. Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable
reference and proprietary Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your
professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Analyze and apply the concepts of ethical decision making, corporate governance, and corporate
Use technology and information resources to research issues in law, ethics, and corporate
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
| Place Order|| Down to work|| Paper is Ready! |
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account