This assignment will build off your SWOT analysis. As the Organizational Development Manager (ODM) for the organization that you completed your SWOT Analysis for, you act as a liaison and advisor to the organization’s leadership, and begin initiatives within the organization. You have been given the responsibility to create a team (including yourself and five other members) to address a set of strategic issues that this organization is facing, found within your SWOT Analysis. Choose your team members based on the need of your SWOT Analysis. For instance, if you reported a weakness as “long wait-time in the ER,” it might be ideal to include an ER Nurse Manager on your team. Propose and evaluate a set of strategies for the organization. You should include at least 1 goal, 2-3 measurable objectives to support the attainment of those goals, and 2-3 action items to complete the objectives. The goal(s) are broader, the objectives have a number tied to them to assess, and action steps have deliverables. You will be presenting a PowerPoint (PPT) to the Board of Directors at your organization.
We will write a custom paper on
Management of Health Programs
specifically for you
Use three cited sources from Required Reading
Berry, L., Mirabito, A., & Berwick, D. (2004). A health care agenda for business. Sloan Management Review, 45(4), pp. 56-64.
Betancourt, J. R., Green, A. R., Carrillo, J. E., & Ananeh-Firmpong, O. (2003). Defining cultural competence: a practical framework for addressing racial/ethnic disparities in health and health care. Public Health Reports. 118(4), 293-302. doi: 10.1016/S0033-3549(04)50253-4
Brugha, R., & Varvasovszky, Z. (2000). Stakeholder analysis: a review. Health Policy and Planning, 15(3), 239-246.
Free Management E-Books. (2013). SWOT analysis. Retrieved from http://www.free-management-ebooks.com/dldebk-pdf/fme-swot-analysis.pdf
Gershon, H. J. (2003). Strategic positioning: Where does your organization stand? Journal of Healthcare Management, 48(1): 12-14. Retrieved from http://reach-newheights.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/jhm48-1stm.pdf
Harrison, J. P. (2012). Chapter 5: Strategic palling and SWOT analysis. Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare. Retrieved from https://www.ache.org/pdf/secure/gifts/Harrison_Chapter5.pdf
Health Research & Educational Trust. (2013). Becoming a culturally competent health care organization. Retrieved from http://www.diversityconnection.org/diversityconnection/membership/Resource%20Center%20Docs/Equity%20of%20Care%20Report%20FINAL.pdf
Mickan, S. H. & Rodger, S. A. (2005). Effective health care teams: A model of six characteristics developed from shared perceptions. Journal of Intrerprofessional Care. 19(4), 358-370. doi: 10.1080/13561820500165142
Nagy, D. (2017). Lecture 3 – 1.3 Organizational Behavior. Retrieved from https://www.coursera.org/learn/fundamentals-of-management/lecture/RsxFf/1-3-organizational-behavior
- EXPECTATIONS: You are to create a PPT with at least 8 slides, not including the title or reference slides, that includes the following:
- Introduction that explains the purpose of the meeting and/or SWOT analysis.
- Titles of team members (i.e., ER Nurse Manager, In-Take Operations Manager, etc.) and a short explanation for each member’s importance on the team.
- One overarching goal. This goal should address most of the issues on your SWOT analysis, thus it can be broad.
- Two or three measurable objectives to support the attainment of the goal.
- Two or three items explaining your team’s plan of action.
- Conclusion that summarizes the information included in the PPT, and an explanation that solidifies how your team will execute the goal presented and resolve the strategic issues.
- Your slides should contain bullet points only. Most of your explanation should be provided in the speaker’s notes.
- Support your SLP with peer-reviewed articles and at least 2 references. One of the sources can be from your course readings. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
| Place Order|| Down to work|| Paper is Ready! |
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account