Get NURS 6050 Module 5:Program-Policy Evaluation (Weeks 9-10) essay assignment help
NURS 6050 Module 5:Program-Policy Evaluation (Weeks 9-10) essay assignment
NURS 6050: Policy and Advocacy for Improving Population Health | Module 5 essay assignment
- Analyze opportunities for RNs and APRNs to participate in program/policy evaluations
- Analyze strategies for overcoming challenges for participating in program/policy evaluations
- Recommend strategies to improve the advocacy and communication of program/policy evaluations
- Describe healthcare program/policy outcomes
- Analyze healthcare program/policy evaluations
- Analyze the role of the nurse advocate in program/policy evaluation
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6050 Module 5:Program-Policy Evaluation (Weeks 9-10) essay assignment
|Week 9, Days 1–2||Read/Watch/Listen to the Learning Resources.
Compose your initial Discussion post.
|Week 9, Day 3||Post your initial Discussion post.
Begin to compose your Assignment.
|Week 9, Days 4-5||Review peer Discussion posts.
Compose your peer Discussion responses.
Continue to compose your Assignment.
|Week 9, Day 6||Post at least two peer Discussion responses on two different days (and not the same day as the initial post).|
|Week 9, Day 7||Wrap up Discussion.|
|Week 10, Days 1-6||Continue to compose your Assignment.|
|Week 10, Day 7||Deadline to submit your Assignment.|
Discussion: The Role of the RN/APRN in Policy Evaluation essay assignment
In the Module 4 Discussion, you considered how professional nurses can become involved in policy-making. A critical component of any policy design is evaluation of the results. How comfortable are you with the thought of becoming involved with such matters?
Some nurses may be hesitant to get involved with policy evaluation. The preference may be to focus on the care and well-being of their patients; some nurses may feel ill-equipped to enter the realm of policy and political activities. However, as you have examined previously, who better to advocate for patients and effective programs and polices than nurses? Already patient advocates in interactions with doctors and leadership, why not with government and regulatory agencies?
In this Discussion, you will reflect on the role of professional nurses in policy evaluation.
- In the Module 4 Discussion, you considered how professional nurses can become involved in policy-making.
- Review the Resources and reflect on the role of professional nurses in policy evaluation.
By Day 3 of Week 9
Post an explanation of at least two opportunities that currently exist for RNs and APRNs to actively participate in policy review. Explain some of the challenges that these opportunities may present and describe how you might overcome these challenges. Finally, recommend two strategies you might make to better advocate for or communicate the existence of these opportunities. Be specific and provide examples.
By Day 6 of Week 9
Respond to at least two of your colleagues* on two different days by suggesting additional opportunities or recommendations for overcoming the challenges described by your colleagues.
*Note: Throughout this program, your fellow students are referred to as colleagues.
Assignment: Assessing a Healthcare Program/Policy Evaluation essay assignment
Program/policy evaluation is a valuable tool that can help strengthen the quality of programs/policies and improve outcomes for the populations they serve. Program/policy evaluation answers basic questions about program/policy effectiveness. It involves collecting and analyzing information about program/policy activities, characteristics, and outcomes. This information can be used to ultimately improve program services or policy initiatives.
Nurses can play a very important role assessing program/policy evaluation for the same reasons that they can be so important to program/policy design. Nurses bring expertise and patient advocacy that can add significant insight and impact. In this Assignment, you will practice applying this expertise and insight by selecting an existing healthcare program or policy evaluation and reflecting on the criteria used to measure the effectiveness of the program/policy.
- Review the Healthcare Program/Policy Evaluation Analysis Template provided in the Resources.
- Select an existing healthcare program or policy evaluation or choose one of interest to you and get approval to use it from your Instructor.
- Review the healthcare program or policy evaluation and reflect on the criteria used to measure the effectiveness of the program or policy described.
NURS 6050 Module 5:Program-Policy Evaluation (Weeks 9-10)
The Assignment: (2–3 pages)
Based on the program or policy evaluation you selected, complete the Healthcare Program/Policy Evaluation Analysis Template. Be sure to address the following:
- Describe the healthcare program or policy outcomes.
- How was the success of the program or policy measured?
- How many people were reached by the program or policy selected?
- How much of an impact was realized with the program or policy selected?
- At what point in program implementation was the program or policy evaluation conducted?
- What data was used to conduct the program or policy evaluation?
- What specific information on unintended consequences was identified?
- What stakeholders were identified in the evaluation of the program or policy? Who would benefit most from the results and reporting of the program or policy evaluation? Be specific and provide examples.
- Did the program or policy meet the original intent and objectives? Why or why not?
- Would you recommend implementing this program or policy in your place of work? Why or why not?
- Identify at least two ways that you, as a nurse advocate, could become involved in evaluating a program or policy after 1 year of implementation.
By Day 7 of Week 10
Submit your completed healthcare program/policy evaluation analysis.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account