Get NURS 6051:The Nurse Leader and the System Development Life Cycle essay assignment help
NURS 6051 Module 5: The Nurse Leader and the System Development Life Cycle (Weeks 9-10) essay assignment
NURS 6051: Transforming Nursing and Healthcare Through Technology | Module 5 essay assignment
- Analyze how inclusion of the nurse in the purchasing of health information technology systems impacts healthcare organizations
- Analyze the impact of nurse inclusion on each step of the systems development life cycle
|Week 9, Days 1–2||Read/Watch/Listen to the Learning Resources.
Compose your initial Discussion post.
|Week 9, Day 3||Post your initial Discussion post.
Begin to compose your Assignment.
|Week 9, Days 4-5||Review peer Discussion posts.
Compose your peer Discussion responses.
Continue to compose your Assignment.
|Week 9, Day 6||Post at least two peer Discussion responses on two different days (and not the same day as the initial post).|
|Week 9, Day 7||Wrap up Discussion.|
|Week 10, Days 1-6||Continue to compose your Assignment.|
|Week 10, Day 7||Deadline to submit your Assignment.|
Discussion: The Inclusion of Nurses in the Systems Development Life Cycle essay assignment
In the media introduction to this module, it was suggested that you as a nurse have an important role in the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). With a focus on patient care and outcomes, nurses may not always see themselves as contributors to the development of new systems. However, as you may have observed in your own experience, exclusion of nurse contributions when implementing systems can have dire consequences.
In this Discussion, you will consider the role you might play in systems development and the ramifications of not being an active participant in systems development.
- Review the steps of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as presented in the Resources.
- Reflect on your own healthcare organization and consider any steps your healthcare organization goes through when purchasing and implementing a new health information technology system.
- Consider what a nurse might contribute to decisions made at each stage of the SDLC when planning for new health information technology.
By Day 3 of Week 9
Post a description of what you believe to be the consequences of a healthcare organization not involving nurses in each stage of the SDLC when purchasing and implementing a new health information technology system. Provide specific examples of potential issues at each stage of the SDLC and explain how the inclusion of nurses may help address these issues. Then, explain whether you had any input in the selection and planning of new health information technology systems in your nursing practice or healthcare organization and explain potential impacts of being included or not in the decision-making process. Be specific and provide examples.
By Day 6 of Week 9
Respond to at least two of your colleagues* on two different days, by offering additional thoughts regarding the examples shared, SDLC-related issues, and ideas on how the inclusion of nurses might have impacted the example described by your colleagues.
*Note: Throughout this program, your fellow students are referred to as colleagues.
Assignment: The Role of the Nurse Informaticist in Systems Development and Implementation essay assignment
Assume you are a nurse manager on a unit where a new nursing documentation system is to be implemented. You want to ensure that the system will be usable and acceptable for the nurses impacted. You realize a nurse leader must be on the implementation team.
- Review the steps of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and reflect on the scenario presented.
- Consider the benefits and challenges associated with involving a nurse leader on an implementation team for health information technology.
The Assignment: (2-3 pages)
In preparation of filling this role, develop a 2- to 3-page role description for a graduate-level nurse to guide his/her participation on the implementation team. The role description should be based on the SDLC stages and tasks and should clearly define how this individual will participate in and impact each of the following steps:
- Planning and requirements definition
- Design of the new system
- Post-implementation support
Get NURS 6051:The Nurse Leader and the System Development Life Cycle
By Day 7 of Week 10
Submit your completed Role Description.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account