Get NURS 6052 Module 5: Evidence-Based Decision Making essay assignment help
NURS 6052 Module 5: Evidence-Based Decision Making (Weeks 8-9) essay assignment
NURS 6052: Essentials of Evidence-Based Practice | Module 5 essay assignment
- Analyze the impact of patient preferences on clinical decision making
- Analyze decision aids
- Analyze opportunities for change within healthcare organizations
- Recommend evidence-based organizational changes using an evidence-based practice approach to decision making
- Recommend strategies for effective dissemination of information
- Identify measurable outcomes addressed by evidence-based changes
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6052 Module 5: Evidence-Based Decision Making essay assignment
Discussion: Patient Preferences and Decision Making essay assignment
Changes in culture and technology have resulted in patient populations that are often well informed and educated, even before consulting or considering a healthcare need delivered by a health professional. Fueled by this, health professionals are increasingly involving patients in treatment decisions. However, this often comes with challenges, as illnesses and treatments can become complex.
What has your experience been with patient involvement in treatment or healthcare decisions?
In this Discussion, you will share your experiences and consider the impact of patient involvement (or lack of involvement). You will also consider the use of a patient decision aid to inform best practices for patient care and healthcare decision making.
- Review the Resources and reflect on a time when you experienced a patient being brought into (or not being brought into) a decision regarding their treatment plan.
- Review the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute’s Decision Aids Inventory at https://decisionaid.ohri.ca/.
- Choose “For Specific Conditions,” then Browse an alphabetical listing of decision aids by health topic.
NOTE: To ensure compliance with HIPAA rules, please DO NOT use the patient’s real name or any information that might identify the patient or organization/practice.
By Day 3 of Week 8
Post a brief description of the situation you experienced and explain how incorporating or not incorporating patient preferences and values impacted the outcome of their treatment plan. Be specific and provide examples. Then, explain how including patient preferences and values might impact the trajectory of the situation and how these were reflected in the treatment plan. Finally, explain the value of the patient decision aid you selected and how it might contribute to effective decision making, both in general and in the experience you described. Describe how you might use this decision aid inventory in your professional practice or personal life.
By Day 6 of Week 8
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days and offer alternative views on the impact of patient preferences on treatment plans or outcomes, or the potential impact of patient decision aids on situations like the one shared.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account