Get NURS 6201 Week 10:Value of Emotional Intelligence essay assignment help
NURS 6201 Week 10:Value of Emotional Intelligence essay assignment
NURS 6201: Leadership in Nursing and Healthcare | Week 10 essay assignment
People are in need of leaders who have the ability to adapt to the unsteadiness of our new world and to manage under uncertainty. A health care leader with EI [Emotional Intelligence] will have the confidence to calm and strengthen his or her organization during these difficult times.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6201 Week 10:Value of Emotional Intelligence essay assignment
—Freshman & Rubino, 2002, p. 8
Since health care organizations rely heavily on productive interactions to achieve positive outcomes, it is important for leader–managers to recognize the value of emotional intelligence. This week, you examine how to cultivate your own emotional intelligence.
- Analyze the value of emotional intelligence
- Evaluate strategies for increasing emotional intelligence
Discussion: Emotional Intelligence essay assignment
The patient in 4D had been admitted for multidrug resistant pneumonia. Given her advanced age and a host of other medical problems, the outlook was dire. Over the weeks she and the night nurse had struck up something of a friendship. Other than that she had no visitors, not a soul listed to notify in case of death, and no known friends or relatives. As he dropped by on his night rounds, the nurse was her only visitor, and the visits were limited to the short conversations she could manage. Now her vital signs were failing, and the nurse recognized that the patient in 4D was near death. So he tried to spend every spare minute on his shift in her room, just being present. He was there to hold her hand during her last moments of life. How did his supervisor respond to this gesture of human kindness?
—Goleman, 2006, p. 252
How do aspects of emotional intelligence relate to leadership and management success? Does an effective leader–manager have to be emotionally sensitive and literate? Why or why not?
Goleman, D. (2006). Social intelligence: The revolutionary new science of human relationships. New York, NY: Bantam Dell.
- Following the passage above, Goldman continues on to explain that the nurse supervisor reprimanded the nurse. Does this line up with what you were expecting? Why or why not?
- Based on the information in the Learning Resources, think of a recent experience in your organization and consider how a nursing administrator demonstrated or failed to demonstrate emotional intelligence. How did this impact the outcome of the situation?
- Reflect on your identified strengths and opportunities for growth related to emotional intelligence from the information in the Learning Resources. What surprises you about the concept of emotional intelligence? How would you rate your own emotional intelligence?
By Day 3
Post a description of a situation in which a nursing administrator demonstrated or did not demonstrate emotional intelligence when managing a situation. Explain how this may have impacted the outcome of the situation. Describe how you would handle the situation differently based on your own identified emotional intelligence strengths.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account