Get NURS 6201 Week 11:The Collective Bargaining essay assignment help
NURS 6201 Week 11:The Collective Bargaining essay assignment
NURS 6201: Leadership in Nursing and Healthcare | Week 11 essay assignment
Unionization in the healthcare industry will undoubtedly expand…Managers must learn to work with unions and to develop the art of using unions to assist the organization in building a team effort to meet organizational goals.
—Marquis & Huston, 2017
One of the most controversial–yet significant–topics in health care is the use of collective bargaining in some organizations. Nurse managers need to understand as much as possible about this process, and reflect on the needs and opinions that surround this issue.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6201 Week 11:The Collective Bargaining essay assignment
This week, you consider the alignment or misalignment between the values that underlie nursing and unionization. Additionally, you will explore quality imperatives for organizational leaders by considering how to create a motivating environment that supports significant, lasting change.
- Evaluate the alignment between unionization and the nursing profession
- Analyze the implications of unionization for the nurse manager
- Analyze key aspects of quality and patient safety
- Evaluate leadership and management strategies for promoting frontline engagement in quality and safety efforts
Discussion: Unionization and the Nursing Profession essay assignment
Unionization is a highly charged topic. No matter what your beliefs or thoughts are on the subject, one thing is clear—nurse managers have a significant responsibility to promote the goals of their organizations while appreciating the labor concerns that may prompt employees to join unions. Beyond that, it is helpful to reflect on the core values of nursing and consider the extent to which they align with unionization.
- Review the information in the Learning Resources. Conduct additional research on unionization in health care.
- Consider the professional basis of nursing and the presence of unions in health care. Does unionization conflict with a professional nursing orientation?
- Reflect on the experiences you have had working in unionized settings, or consider what would be required of you in such a setting if you do not have that experience.
- Consider how you would address transitioning from being a member of a collective bargaining unit to being a manager who cannot be a member of a collective bargaining unit. How you might prepare to make this sort of transition?
By Day 3
Post your position on whether unionization aligns with or conflicts with a professional nursing orientation and what this may mean for the role as a nurse manager. Share your experiences working in a unionized setting or describe what might be required of you when transitioning from one circumstance to another.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses
By Day 5
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account