Get NURS 6201 Week 7:Patient Satisfaction and Clinical Outcomes essay assignment help
NURS 6201 Week 7: Leading Improvement of Patient Satisfaction and Clinical Outcomes and Organizational Communication essay assignment
NURS 6201: Leadership in Nursing and Healthcare | Week 7 essay assignment
Organizational performance should be evaluated from a systematic, scientific, and objective viewpoint. In order to evaluate performance, managers use standards to measure quality care in the units and to develop and implement quality control programs that measure results against those standards. Communication is essential within the organization; leaders and managers promote effective organizational communication in one–to–one, small groups, or wider audiences. All managers are responsible for monitoring the quality of the product that their units produce; in health–care organizations, that product is patient care.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6201 Week 7:Patient Satisfaction and Clinical Outcomes essay assignment
This week, you examine organizational performance of quality and safety and on a larger scale organizational communication.
- Determine appropriate criteria or standards for measuring quality.
- Identify appropriate corrective action to be taken when standards have not been met.
- Distinguish the roles of leadership and management in promoting effective organizational communication
- Analyze key aspects of quality and patient safety
- Evaluate leadership and management strategies for promoting frontline engagement in quality and safety efforts
Discussion: Benchmarking to Improve Quality of Care and Communicating Change essay assignment
Comparing, or benchmarking, outcomes is an important means by which health care providers strive to improve quality of care. Although this concept applies to all kinds of clinical care facilities, for this Discussion you focus on hospitals so that you can make use of data on the CMS’s “Hospital Compare” website to conduct some basic benchmarking analysis.
Using this analysis as a launching point, you then evaluate priorities for improvement and consider how to create a motivating environment that supports significant, lasting change.
Go to http://www.medicare.gov/hospitalcompare/search.html
- Enter search criteria and click “Find Hospitals.” Select a hospital on which to focus for this Discussion.
- Review all of the data on this hospital, which should include the various Process of Care Measures and the Survey of Patients’ Hospital Experiences (HCAHPS scores).
- Compare the data for your selected hospital with data from other institutions in the area and across the country, as you think appropriate. (To do this, repeat the steps described above, but this time include these other institutions in your comparison.)
- Based upon your first selected hospital’s comparative scores, what do you think is the most important area related to patient satisfaction/clinical outcomes to improve, and why? It may be helpful to consider what other steps you would take to get a clearer picture of this quality issue.
- Think about how you as a leader and manager would communicate change at the point of care (front line) to provide service that improves one or more patient satisfaction/clinical outcomes in your selected hospital.
By Day 3
Post a brief description of the hospital and your selected outcome, including indications of the needed improvement. Then, provide a short, persuasive statement demonstrating how you would communicate and motivate a nurse at the point of care (front line) to provide service that improves the selected outcome. Support your statement with evidence and strategies from the literature.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account