Get NURS 6211 Week 7: Performance Measurements reports essay assignment help
NURS 6211 Week 7: Performance Measurements reports essay assignment
NURS 6211: Finance and Economics in Health Care Delivery | Week 7 essay assignment
You have just been informed that the administrative offices at the university have proposed eliminating your clinic to reduce costs and instead are considering outsourcing student health services to a local urgent care center. You feel this is a huge mistake and would negatively impact students’ ability to access health care. In order to convince those in the administration to keep your clinic running, you must make a compelling case as to your high level of performance. What types of information would you use to make your case? Effective organizations track key performance indicators to monitor progress. What key indicators would demonstrate the success of your clinic?
This week you examine performance reports and how they can be used in financial decision making.
- Assess performance based on performance reports
- Analyze performance indicators in health care organizations
- Evaluate the types of information to include in financial dashboards
Discussion: Performance Reports/Dashboards essay assignment
Performance reports are a valuable tool for gauging the financial well-being and progress of a health care organization. When properly designed, these reports can provide data on key measures, quality indicators, performance of operations, patient satisfaction, personnel, and facility capacity.
Have you ever seen the cockpit of an airplane? The dashboard is covered with a variety of knobs and gauges. Having a pilot who understands the meaning of the data contained on the dashboard is essential for passenger safety and for reaching the correct destination in a timely fashion. Similarly, a dashboard for your organization can supply a wide variety of performance information to assist in the financial decision making process.
In this Discussion, you will describe a dashboard that would be useful for you in your current position and organization (or one with which you are familiar).
- Review this week’s Media program, Dashboards.
- Consider your own organization (or one with which you are familiar) and the key information that would be useful for decision making.
- Develop a list of key performance indicators in the following categories that would be useful for your situation. Include:
- 2–3 financial indicators
- 2–3 operational indicators
- 2–3 satisfaction indicators
- 2–3 quality indicators
By Day 3
Post describe the specific indicators you selected for each category and explain why you chose those particular ones. Describe whether each indicator is a leading or trailing indicator and how this particular combination would provide the best overall view of the state of your organization. Assess how having a dashboard such as this would assist in decision making.
Note: You do not have to actually create the dashboard, but just describe the indicators you would include.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account