Get NURS 6231 Week 10: Interdisciplinary Collaboration essay assignment help
We will write a custom paper on
NURS 6231 Week 10: Interdisciplinary Collaboration
specifically for you
NURS 6231 Week 10: Interdisciplinary Collaboration essay assignment
NURS 6231: Healthcare Systems and Quality Outcomes | Week 10 essay assignment
Perhaps you have heard the story of a U.S. president who toured NASA before the first mission to the moon, and stopped to ask a man what his job was there. The janitor replied that his job was to help put a man on the moon.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6231 Week 10: Interdisciplinary Collaboration essay assignment
Regardless of whether this exchange actually occurred, the story sheds light on an important concept: achieving any great mission requires teamwork and collaboration.
Providing safe, high quality care necessitates that interdisciplinary alliances integrate contributions from many individuals. Take a minute to think about all the people who support or provide care delivery and facilitate the day-to-day operations of a health care organization. Patients and families have direct and indirect contact with a multitude of professionals in any health care setting—from those who clean the floors to those who make the highest-level strategic decisions.
This week, you examine the core competencies that are needed for optimal collaboration, and analyze the value of interdisciplinary teams for reaching quality and safety goals. In addition, you complete your work on the Course Project.
- Evaluate interdisciplinary collaboration skills
- Analyze the benefits of interdisciplinary teams for meeting quality improvement goals
- Evaluate strategies for developing interprofessional competencies
- Apply evaluation tools to quality improvement initiatives
- Analyze the financial implications of quality in health care organizations
- Synthesize analysis and recommendations into an action plan
Discussion: Evaluating Interdisciplinary Collaboration Skills essay assignment
The achievements of an organization are the results of the combined effort of each individual.
Collaboration is a critical component of quality improvement. It is also a central tenet of your endeavors as a scholar-practitioner in this Walden University Master’s program. To succeed in your role as a nurse leader-manager, it is important to engage in ongoing development of collaborative skills and to help foster a culture that values collaboration.
In Weeks 1 and 2 of this course, you analyzed your strengths and considered how to leverage these strengths for effective leadership. In a similar vein, this week you evaluate your strengths and areas for growth with regard to interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Review the competencies described in the Interprofessional Education Collaborative report and in Chapter 9 of the Hickey and Brosnan text.
- As you reflect on the competency statements outlined for each domain, think about which ones reflect your strengths. Which competency statements point to areas for growth?
- Consider the benefit of working with interdisciplinary teams for addressing quality improvement initiatives.
- Conduct a search of the literature and select at least one article that illustrates the benefits of interprofessional collaboration for nurse leader-managers as it relates to improving quality.
Note: Think about a potential connection between the concepts presented throughout this course (i.e. systems-level change, quality, etc.), and a Practicum Project that you might focus on in NURS 6600. Consider how you might use interprofessional collaboration in your practicum setting.
By Day 3
Post an analysis of your strengths and areas for growth related to interprofessional collaboration competencies. Explain the benefits of interprofessional collaboration for meeting quality improvement goals. Support your response with examples from current literature.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days suggesting strategies for developing interprofessional competencies. Support your suggestions with evidence from current literature and personal experience.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
| Place Order
|| Down to work
|| Paper is Ready!
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account