Get NURS 6231 Week 8: Process Mapping and quality outcomes essay assignment help
We will write a custom paper on
NURS 6231 Week 8: Process Mapping and quality outcomes
specifically for you
NURS 6231 Week 8: Process Mapping and quality outcomes essay assignment
NURS 6231: Healthcare Systems and Quality Outcomes | Week 8 essay assignment
Process mapping is not an easy undertaking. It is the perfect combination of business acumen and art. It takes special talent to interview individuals and get them to explain exactly what they do in their job every day, as well as share their pains and express their wants.
As noted in Week 7, evaluating and redesigning processes is often a necessary part of any effort to improve quality outcomes. This week you consider the value of using process maps to identify changes that may be needed and to evaluate the results once quality improvement strategies have been implemented.
- Analyze the benefits of using process maps
- Formulate appropriate approaches for collecting and evaluating data for process redesign that leads to improved quality
- Apply appropriate measures to a quality improvement initiative
- Evaluate approaches for collecting and evaluating data for quality improvement initiatives
- Apply improvement models to quality-related issues
- Analyze evidence-based strategies for quality improvement
- Apply process mapping to promote quality improvement
Discussion: Using Process Maps for Quality Assessment and Improvement essay assignment
Given the synergistic relationship between process and outcomes, leader-managers and other team members need to evaluate processes related to care delivery, customer service, and other matters in order to diagnose problems and effectively improve quality.
A process map is a visual representation that illustrates activities and practices as they occur, which serves as a valuable resource for identifying trouble spots. It is important to note that process maps can also be used for evaluation after an intervention has been implemented. For instance, looking at a process map following an intervention may help leader-managers to note discrepancies between what was planned and what is actually being practiced, or to see that a process has in fact improved, even if the outcomes have not met the targets.
In this Discussion, you examine how process mapping could be applied to your Course Project.
- Review the Learning Resources, focusing on the use of process maps for improving quality and safety.
- Bring to mind your work on your Course Project thus far. How could you use a process map to diagnose problems and inform strategies for improvement? In addition, think about how using a process map could inform and enhance your data collection efforts.
- Conduct additional research on this topic to support your thinking.
By Day 3
Post an explanation of how using a process map could inform and facilitate quality assessment and improvement, including data collection efforts, related to your Course Project. Support your response with evidence from the literature.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional resources.
Project 1: Promoting Health Care Quality essay assignment
Section 3: Quality Measurement and Assessment
By Day 7
Review the complete Assignment description presented in Weeks 6 and 7. Submit Section 3.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
| Place Order
|| Down to work
|| Paper is Ready!
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account