Get NURS 6301 Week 11: Women’s and Men’s Health essay assignment help
NURS 6301 Week 11: Women’s and Men’s Health essay assignment
NURS 6301: Advanced Pathopharmacology | Week 11 essay assignment
Similar to other disorders that you have explored throughout this course, those of the reproductive system can result in alterations and symptoms that overlap with disorders in other body systems. Consider a patient presenting with pelvic and abdominal pain. The underlying root of the pain could be related to disorders of organs in the reproductive system, the gastrointestinal system, or both. Once you identify the underlying cause of pain or other symptoms, you must carefully diagnose patients. Since the reproductive system’s ultimate function is to bear children, related disorders can have a significant impact on patients—both physically and emotionally. As with any disorder, diagnoses must be made with care because a misdiagnosis can cause undue stress and pain for patients.
ORDER NOW FOR A PLAGIARISM FREE NURSING PAPER on NURS 6301 Week 11: Women’s and Men’s Health essay assignment
This week, you examine the pathophysiology of reproductive system disorders, such as cancers associated with women’s and men’s health. You also explore drug treatments and preventive services for women’s and men’s health.
Additionally, in this final week, you explore the pathophysiology and pharmacokinetic processes of body systems in pediatric and geriatric patients. You also examine benefits and limitations of prescribing drugs in these patient groups.
Learning Objectives essay assignment
- Analyze the pathophysiology of cancers associated with women’s and men’s health
- Analyze drug treatments for cancer patients
- Evaluate implications of cancer drug treatments on patients
- Analyze preventive services for women’s and men’s health
- Analyze the pathophysiology of body systems in select patient groups
- Analyze the pharmacokinetic processes of body systems in select patient groups
- Assess the benefits and limitations of prescribing drugs to select patient groups
Discussion 1: Cancer and Women’s and Men’s Health essay assignment
The American Cancer Society had estimated that by the end of 2012, more than 226,000 women would be diagnosed with new cases of breast cancer and more than 241,000 men would be diagnosed with new cases of prostate cancer (American Cancer Society, 2012a; American Cancer Society, 2012b). With such prevalence of women’s and men’s cancers, patient education and preventive services are essential. In clinical settings, advanced practice nurses must assist physicians in educating patients on risk factors, preventive services, and—especially for patients diagnosed with cancer—potential drug treatments. The clinical implications of women’s and men’s cancer greatly depend on early detection, which is primarily achieved through preventive services. In this Discussion, you consider the short-term and long-term implications of cancer and drug treatments associated with women’s and men’s health, as well as appropriate preventive services.
- Select a type of cancer associated with women’s or men’s health, such as breast, cervical, and ovarian cancer in women and prostate cancer in men.
- Search the Walden Library or other reputable sources for articles examining the type of cancer you selected.
- Consider the pathophysiology and drug treatments for patients diagnosed with the cancer you selected. If you are focusing on women’s health issues, consider how pregnancy and lactation might affect these treatment options.
- Reflect on short-term and long-term implications of this cancer and drug treatments for patients.
By Day 3
Post an explanation of the pathophysiology of the type of cancer you selected and describe the drug treatments used for patients with this type of cancer. Then, explain short-term and long-term implications of the cancer and the drug treatments for patients.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 5
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days who selected different cancers than you. Describe preventive services that health care providers might recommend for patients at risk of these cancers.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account