Get NURS 6301 Week 4: Neurological System essay assignment help
NURS 6301 Week 4: Neurological System essay assignment
NURS 6301: Advanced Pathopharmacology | Week 4 essay assignment
In the previous weeks, you began to explore the pathophysiology of disorders and basic pharmacotherapeutic concepts. Throughout the remainder of this course, you consider disorders and drug treatments specific to the various body systems. You begin with the neurological system because—through nerve stimulation—it affects every other system and function in the body. Since the scope of the neurological system is so broad, it relates to various disorders, many of which can also be tied to other systems. Consider an amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) patient presenting with loss of movement in the limbs, severe pain, and difficulty breathing. While the root of these alterations is a neurological disorder, respiratory alterations will also occur. There is often an absence of a clear distinction between body systems and related disorders.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6301 Week 4: Neurological System essay assignment
In the clinical setting, patients will present with a variety of neurological disorders ranging from more rare disorders, such as ALS, to more common disorders, such as dementia and depression. As an advanced practice nurse, it is important that you are able to assist physicians in the proper diagnosis and treatment of these disorders. This week, you examine the pathophysiology of neurological disorders and the types of drugs used in treatment. You also examine the impact of patient factors on the pathophysiology of these disorders and on effects of prescribed drugs.
- Analyze the pathophysiology of neurological disorders
- Analyze types of drugs prescribed to treat neurological disorders
- Evaluate the impact of patient factors on the pathophysiology of neurological disorders
- Evaluate the impact of patient factors on the effects of prescribed drugs for neurological disorders
- Analyze methods of patient education
Discussion: Neurological Disorders essay assignment
Neurological disorders, such as headaches, seizure disorders, sleep disorders, depression, and dementia, can present several complications for patients of all ages. These disorders affect patients physically and emotionally, impacting judgment, school and/or job performance, and relationships with family and friends. Since these disorders may have drastic effects on patients’ lives, it is important for advanced practice nurses to effectively manage patient care. With patient factors and medical history in mind, it is the nurse’s responsibility to assist physicians in the diagnosis, treatment, and education of patients with neurological disorders.
- Review this week’s media presentations on the nervous system.
- Select one of the following neurological disorders: headaches, seizure disorders, sleep disorders, depression, or dementia. Consider the pathophysiology, as well as the types of drugs that would be prescribed to patients to treat your selected disorder.
- Select one of the following factors: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or behavior. Consider how the factor you selected might impact the pathophysiology of the disorder. Then, reflect on how this factor might impact the effects of prescribed drugs, as well as measures you might take to help reduce any negative side effects.
- Locate an agency that provides patient education on your selected disorder and review the available materials and curriculum. Consider how you might be able to use those materials to educate a patient on the disorder, treatment options, management, and self-care.
By Day 3
Post a description of the neurological disorder you selected, including its pathophysiology and types of drugs that would be prescribed to treat patients. Then, explain how the factor you selected might impact the pathophysiology of the disorder, as well as the effects of prescribed drugs. Include a description of measures you might take to help reduce any negative side effects. Finally, explain how you would use materials from a supporting agency to educate patients on the disorder, treatment options, management, and self-care.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days who selected a different disorder than you. Provide alternative recommendations for drug treatments.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account