Get NURS 6301 Week 5: Cardiovascular System essay assignment help
NURS 6301 Week 5: Cardiovascular System essay assignment
NURS 6301: Advanced Pathopharmacology | Week 5 essay assignment
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2008, more than 616,000 people in the United States died of complications related to cardiovascular disorders. This accounts for approximately 25% of deaths in the United States (CDC, 2012). Cardiovascular disorders are also one of the leading causes of illness and death in the world. You have the opportunity, as an advanced practice nurse, to lower the prevalence of these disorders through patient education and preventive-care services. As you assist physicians in the diagnosis and recommendation of drug therapies for patients, you must understand the pathophysiology of cardiovascular disorders, as well as factors that increase risks.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6301 Week 5: Cardiovascular System essay assignment
This week, you examine the pathophysiology of cardiovascular disorders and their associated alterations. You also explore the impact of patient factors on these disorders and the drugs that are used to treat them. Finally, you consider ways to educate patients on the management and prevention of cardiovascular disorders.
- Analyze the pathophysiology of cardiovascular alterations
- Analyze types of drugs used to treat cardiovascular alterations
- Evaluate the impact of patient factors on cardiovascular alterations
- Evaluate the impact of patient factors on the effects of prescribed drugs for cardiovascular alterations
- Analyze methods of patient education
Discussion: Cardiovascular Disorders essay assignment
As the leading cause of death in the United States for both men and women, cardiovascular disorders account for 7 million hospitalizations per year (NCSL, 2012). This is the result of the extensive treatment and care that is often required for patients with cardiovascular disorders. While some disorders progress slowly, others progress rapidly and may lead to death in a matter of minutes. Therefore, it is important that you, as an advanced practice nurse, are able to quickly recognize signs and symptoms of cardiovascular disorders. As you assist physicians with the diagnosis and treatment of patients, it is essential to consider individual patient factors that might impact treatment and care.
- Review this week’s media presentations on alterations of cardiovascular function and hypertension and hyperlipidemia.
- Select one of the following alterations of cardiovascular disorders:
- Anaphylactic shock
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Congestive heart failure
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart murmur
- Myocardial infarction
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Venous thrombosis
- Consider the pathophysiology of the alteration you selected, as well as drugs that would be used for treatment.
- Select one of the following patient factors: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, and behavior. Think about how the factor you selected might impact the pathophysiology of the alteration and effects of prescribed drugs.
- Reflect on how to educate these patients on the alteration, treatment options, management, and self-care.
By Day 3
Post a description of the pathophysiology of the alteration you selected, as well as drugs that would be used for treatment. Then, explain how the factor you selected might impact the pathophysiology and effects of prescribed drugs. Finally, explain how to educate patients on the alteration, treatment options, management, and self-care.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days who selected different cardiovascular alterations and factors than you, in one or more of the following ways:
- Share insights on how the factor you selected impacts the pathophysiology of the cardiovascular alteration your colleague selected.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account