Get NURS 6301 Week 6: Respiratory System essay assignment help
NURS 6301 Week 6: Respiratory System essay assignment
NURS 6301: Advanced Pathopharmacology | Week 6 essay assignment
In the United States, there are currently more than 35 million people living with a respiratory disorder, and each year, more than 400,000 people die as a result (American Lung Association, 2012). The prevalence and impact of these disorders make it essential for advance practice nurses to have a solid understanding of the respiratory system. In clinical settings, you must be able to assist physicians in the diagnosis, treatment, education, and management of patients with common respiratory disorders, such as asthma, bronchitis, and pneumonia. This poses the questions: What are symptoms of respiratory disorders? How are they diagnosed? Are some disorders more prevalent in one patient group over another?
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6301 Week 6: Respiratory System essay assignment
This week, you examine the pathophysiology of respiratory disorders and the types of drugs used in treatment. You also consider the impact of patient factors on the pathophysiology of respiratory disorders and on the effects of prescribed drugs. Finally, you explore methods of facilitating patient care, such as the stepwise approach for asthma treatment and management.
- Analyze the pathophysiology of respiratory disorders
- Analyze types of drugs prescribed to treat respiratory disorders
- Evaluate the impact of patient factors on the pathophysiology of respiratory disorders
- Evaluate the impact of patient factors on the effects of prescribed drugs for respiratory disorders
- Analyze methods of facilitating patient care
- Analyze the stepwise approach to asthma treatment and management
- Analyze patient education methods for medication adherence
Discussion: Respiratory Disorders essay assignment
In clinical settings, patients often present with various respiratory symptoms, such as congestion, coughing, and wheezing. While identifying a symptom’s underlying illness can be challenging, it is essential because even basic symptoms, such as persistent coughing, can be a sign of a more severe disorder. Advanced practice nurses must be able to differentiate between moderate and severe respiratory disorders, as well as to properly assist physicians in the diagnosis and prescription of drug treatments for patients. For this reason, it is necessary for you to have an understanding of the pathophysiology of respiratory disorders and patient factors that impact drug treatment.
- Review this week’s mid course review.
- Review Chapter 27 of the Huether and McCance text and Chapter 26 and Chapter 27 of the Arcangelo text.
- Select and research one of the following respiratory disorders: the common cold, pneumonia, or a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis. Consider the pathophysiology, as well as the types of drugs that would be prescribed to patients to treat this disorder.
- Select one of the following factors: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or behavior. Consider how your selected factor might impact the pathophysiology of the disorder and effects of prescribed drugs.
- Think about how you would facilitate the care of the patient with the patient’s care team. Remember that the care team might include physicians, advanced practice nurses, nurses, nursing assistants, home health aides, social workers, family members, etc.
By Day 3
Post a description of the respiratory disorder you selected, including its pathophysiology and types of drugs that would be prescribed to treat patients. Then, explain how the factor you selected might impact the pathophysiology of the disorder as well as the effects of prescribed drugs. Finally, explain how you would facilitate the care of the patient with the patient’s care team.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days who selected a different respiratory disorder than you. If your selected disorder is primarily associated with the upper respiratory system, respond to colleagues who selected disorders that are primarily associated with the lower respiratory system. Provide alternative recommendations for drug treatments.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account