Get NURS 6321 Week 11: Applying Curriculum and Program Evaluation essay assignment help
NURS 6321 Week 11: Applying Curriculum and Program Evaluation essay assignment
NURS 6321: Curriculum Development, Assessment, and Evaluation | Week 11 essay assignment
For the final time in this course, you will revisit Linda, the nurse educator at LiveWell medical center. During your last visit with Linda and her team, they were just beginning to design the sequence of their curriculum. After many adjustments, revisions, and brainstorming sessions, her team agreed on a curriculum that each member supports and feels passionate about. In comparison, the process of creating an ongoing evaluation plan was relatively simple. Last week, Linda’s board of trustees contacted her after hearing many remarks about the hard work that she and her team were putting in after hours. They also inquired about Linda’s plan to regularly collect and analyze data, wondering if it might help their setting in applying for accreditation or certification. Excited and nervous, Linda and her team integrated all of the pieces of their work into one cohesive presentation, which included a master plan of evaluation. As they walked into their meeting, Linda flashed a smile to the board of trustees and began to make one of the most important presentations of her professional career.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6321 Week 11: Applying Curriculum and Program Evaluation essay assignment
Though the topic of evaluation concludes both the course texts as well as this course, the process of evaluation is actually present during every phase of course development. In fact, if you were to think back to the first weeks of this course, you might find that you naturally conducted much evaluation without being directed to do so. For example, when instructed to select an institution or agency, you and your team members evaluated possible settings and selected one that you decided was most appropriate. When selecting the focus for your curriculum/program you and your team members evaluated data on internal and external factors. Even when you integrated your research into your final submissions, you evaluated which research to include, how to present it, and even the quality of your own writing. The only difference between those evaluations and the official plan of evaluation that you will create this week is that the latter is formal.
This week, you continue to build your evaluation plan. You also revisit the process of accreditation, first introduced in Week 3.
- Evaluate curriculum components for applicability to curriculum/program evaluation
- Evaluate how curriculum/program evaluations contribute to the accreditation process
- Design a master plan of evaluation
- Construct a comprehensive PowerPoint
- Critique an evaluation plan
Discussion: Using Evaluations to Prepare
For Accreditation essay assignment
Your course text defines evaluation as “a systematic assessment of all components of a program through the application of evaluation approaches, techniques, and knowledge in order to improve the planning, implementation, and effectiveness of programs” (Billings, 2012, p. 503). When carefully constructed, a master plan of evaluation can run like a well-oiled machine. Data are collected, analyzed, and acted upon. When documented correctly, this data can also help institutions and agencies prepare for accreditation.
In this Discussion, you consider the curriculum components you might include in your team’s evaluation plan. You also consider how information gathered about these components can help your team’s setting prepare for accreditation.
- Review Chapter 26, “Systematic Program Evaluation,” in the Billings text. Specifically, examine how Table 28-2 illustrates one piece of an evaluation plan. Then, explore each of the overarching curriculum components nurse educators may choose to evaluate: mission and goals, curriculum organization, course, teaching effectiveness, environment, intervening mechanism, and generalization.
- Reflect on the evaluation models your team discussed for your Course Project.
- Consider the curriculum components you could integrate into these evaluation models. How would feedback on these components help your assigned setting improve the quality of the curriculum? In addition, how might this same information help to prepare for accreditation?
By Day 3
Post a brief description of at least two curriculum components you would include in the evaluation model(s) used in your Course Project and why. Explain how this information, as well as your team’s overall evaluation approach, could help your setting prepare for accreditation, if applicable. Justify your response by providing references to your Course Project and Learning Resources as applicable.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 5
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account