Get NURS 6321: Curriculum and Program Development:Team Process essay assignment help?
NURS 6321 Week 8: Curriculum and Program Development: Team Process essay assignment
NURS 6321: Curriculum Development, Assessment, and Evaluation | Week 8 essay assignment
The Indian folktale “The Blind Men and the Elephant” has been adapted countless times since its first oral narration. In one of its most well-known versions, six highly educated blind men hear of an interesting animal known as the elephant. Each wonders what this elephant may look like and asks the king if he might grant them permission to touch the animal that so many in the kingdom call “magnificent.” The king agrees, allowing each to touch the animal. After each blind man has had his turn, they begin to describe what they think the elephant might look like. “The elephant is like a great wall!” said one blind man. “No, the elephant is like a spear, smooth and sharp!” said another. “No, a snake!” “No, a tree!” “A fan!” “A rope!” The conversation quickly turns to a quarrel, requiring the king to step in. The king explains that each man is right, yet only about the part of the elephant that he touched. In turn, this makes them all wrong because they failed to open their minds and see past their own perceptions.
How does this folktale translate to the team approach to curriculum development? What strategies can nurse educators use to address common barriers students experience when working in teams?
- Evaluate barriers that influence team approaches to curriculum development
- Evaluate strategies for overcoming barriers and building team collaboration
- Design a curriculum plan of study
Discussion: Common Barriers to
Team Collaboration essay assignment
What were your initial reactions when you learned that this course consisted of an overarching team project? Did you have any concerns about working in a team?
In general, teamwork and collaboration is viewed as a stressful endeavor. In fact, many students and professionals feel that they can complete work better, faster, and quicker on their own. Many might even shy away from the opportunity to collaborate with others for fear of time constraints, miscommunication, conflicting views, and incivility among group members. However, the value of collaboration truly outshines any perceived negative barriers. In particular, collaboration gives educators the opportunity to enrich curriculum with the expertise and experiences of a group of professionals. It also pushes each educator to think “outside of the box” to incorporate innovative strategies, views, and learning opportunities. In fact, the days of one instructor developing a course are being quickly phased out by collaborative approaches. Many of today’s institutions require a panel of experts to creatively and critically collaborate on course development. As such, it is imperative that you begin to understand not only how to work effectively in a team but also how to overcome common barriers that can occur during the team collaboration process.
- Review the article “Overcoming Challenges to Collaboration: Nurse Educators’ Experiences in Curriculum Change” found in this week’s Learning Resources. Consider the benefits of and barriers to team collaboration.
- Reflect on your team’s collaborative process. What barriers has your team experienced? How have you and others in your team worked to overcome these barriers? If you believe that your team has not experienced any barriers or difficulties, reflect on common barriers presented in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Select one barrier that has a significant influence on a team approach to curriculum development.
- Search the Walden Library to identify an article that presents strategies for overcoming your selected barrier. How could these strategies be used to help nurse educators? In addition, how can these strategies help increase positive team collaboration?
By Day 3
Post an explanation of a barrier that can significantly influence a team approach to curriculum development and why. Describe two strategies you could implement to overcome this barrier, as well as how these strategies could help increase team collaboration. Justify your response by citing references to this week’s Learning Resources and your selected article as appropriate. Then, upload or provide a hyperlink to that article.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Share an insight into how a past or your current team has overcome a barrier similar to one described by a colleague.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account