Get NURS 6331 Week 6: Clinical Learning-Lab essay assignment help
NURS 6331 Week 6: Clinical Learning-Lab essay assignment
NURS 6331: Teaching Learning Strategies: Integrating Technology Into Nursing Education | Week 6 essay assignment
Recall your earliest experiences with clinical labs as a nursing student. How did clinical learning differ from ‘standard’ classroom work? Was it more interesting to you? More challenging or intimidating? Consider clinical education, now from the perspective of the educator, and reflect on the unique challenges facing the educator. What do you think are the key differences between the roles of clinical and classroom instructors? Furthermore, how might their teaching strategies and lessons differ?
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6331 Week 6: Clinical Learning-Lab essay assignment
This week, you explore the clinical lab environment and associated teaching best-practices. Specifically, you examine how clinical educators use instructional videos as a precursor to a clinical lab. You also design a lesson plan for a clinical lab.
- Evaluate the use of instructional videos as preparation for clinical labs
- Evaluate the alignment between videos and clinical labs
- Design a script for a Screencast*
- Create a Screencast*
Discussion: Clinical Labs and Instructional Videos essay assignment
Consider the following scenario:
You have been teaching a clinical lab for a few months. During each session, you have noticed that learners spend more time participating in the introductory part of the lesson and less time involved in problem-based, hands-on activities. After consulting current literature on teaching best-practices, you learn that many instructors require learners to watch introductory videos before participating in clinical labs. These videos ‘set the stage’ for the lesson while also demonstrating the skills in which students will engage during their lab. You know that you will still need to review material at the start of the lab but are excited about the advantages that this video could bring. As such, you begin to search the Internet for a video that will introduce your clinical lab.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources. Reflect on the strategies and methods nurse educators use to elicit critical thinking and problem-based learning in clinical lab environments.
- Consider a psychomotor or skills-based technique that an individual might learn in a clinical lab. (Note:Clinical labs are not just for nursing students. Nursing staff and patients might also engage in this environment.)
- With these ideas in mind, search the Internet for a short video demonstration of a clinical lab. (Suggested search key words are clinical nursing skills videos). Once selected, carefully review the video, provide the link to the video, and identify the learning objectives and intended audience of learners. If these are not explicitly stated, use the content of the video to determine the objectives and intended audience.
- Consider how you might use this video demonstration to better prepare learners for an upcoming clinical lab.
- Use the Lesson Plan Template document as a guide to critique, create a lab-based lesson that could accompany the video demonstration that you have selected.
By Day 3
Post a brief description of the video that you selected, including the objective(s), intended audience, and APA citation. Then, explain how you would use this video to prepare learners for an upcoming clinical lab.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account