Get NURS 6341 Week 4:Quality Indicators in the Specialty Areas of interest essay assignment help
NURS 6341 Week 4:Quality Indicators in the Specialty Areas of interest essay assignment
NURS 6341: Specialty in Clinical Nursing | Week 4 essay assignment
Recall Miriam, the graduate-level nurse from the Week 1 Discussion. After considering the clinical specialties available in her practicum setting, Miriam selected critical care as her specialty of interest. Given her strong passion for teaching new nurses, Miriam reasoned that critical care would deepen her own 3P knowledge. As Miriam entered her practicum, her priority was the same one that she intends to impress on her future students: to be fully versed on the quality indicators for nursing in her specialty area.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6341 Week 4:Quality Indicators in the Specialty Areas of interest essay assignment
Like Miriam, your practicum experience in your specialty of interest will advance your knowledge as a nurse and nurse educator. To be prepared for clinical work in your specialty, the broad focus on Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) from Week 3 now narrows to quality indicators in your specialty of interest. As you consider various quality indicators, you examine the difference between process indicators and patient outcome indicators, keep in mind that quality and safety in every aspect of nursing is always the goal.
- Analyze quality indicators specific to specialty areas of interest
- Evaluate the impact of specialty quality indicators on nursing knowledge and actions
- Evaluate the impact of physical assessment, pharmacology, and pathophysiology (3Ps) on quality indicators
- Evaluate a practicum experience in the context of quality*
- Analyze opportunities for integrating quality measures into health care educational settings*
- Construct a detailed practicum log
As Miriam examined the quality indicators for nursing in critical care, she reflected on the reciprocal nature of quality indicators and 3P knowledge. For each indicator she assessed her own 3P knowledge and how it might impact the quality of her nursing practice. At the same time, she considered how quality indicators guide the knowledge she would apply in direct patient care. In the process, Miriam singled out particular quality indicators that she wanted to understand further or would want to emphasize with her future nursing students and/or staff.
For this Discussion, you examine quality indicators for your specialty of interest, sharing your conclusions and insights with colleagues.
- Research quality indicators that are specific to your specialty area of interest. For example, you might examine associations specific to your specialty such as the AACN, ASPAN, AORN, etc. You might also search the current literature for articles that inform your understanding of quality standards applicable to your specialty of interest.
- Based on your research, select one quality indicator to further investigate for this Discussion.
- Consider how this indicator impacts nursing knowledge and actions at the patient bedside, as well as how a nurse’s 3P knowledge impacts the indicator.
By Day 3
Post the quality indicator that you have selected. Explain how this indicator impacts your work as a nurse, as well as your actions at the bedside. Explain how the 3Ps might also impact the quality indicator. Support your response with current literature and APA references to the quality indicators.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Offer and support an additional quality indicator applicable to your colleague’s specialty of interest.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account