Get NURS 6341 Week 7: Nursing Regulation essay assignment help
NURS 6341 Week 7: Nursing Regulation essay assignment
NURS 6341: Specialty in Clinical Nursing | Week 7 essay assignment
“Nursing regulation exists to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public in their receipt of nursing services – and much more.”
—From National Council of State Boards of Nursing “Guiding Principles” (2007)
As nursing education, practice, and policy evolve, so must the laws and rules that govern the regulation of nursing.”
—From NCSBN Model Nursing Practice Act and Model Administrative Rules (2011, p. 1)
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6341 Week 7: Nursing Regulation essay assignment
The quotes above spotlight the most publicized aspect of nursing regulation: the push for greater uniformity nationwide. Every practicing nurse must be familiar with the guiding purpose of nursing regulation and the specific language in the Nurse Practice Act that has jurisdiction over his/her work in a clinical setting. In particular, it is critical that nurse educators be well versed on nursing regulation and changes in nursing practice legislation. In addition, acquiring a clear understanding of the areas and levels of responsibility in the nursing hierarchy, particularly between advanced practice nurses (APN) and registered nurses (RN), is of high importance.
This week you focus on the broader topic of nursing regulation.
- Analyze differences in skill sets between advance practice nurses and nurses with basic RN licensure in specific geographic locations
- Evaluate a practicum experience in the context of quality
- Analyze opportunities for integrating quality measures into the nursing classroom
- Construct a detailed practicum log
Discussion: Nurse Practice Acts essay assignment
What licensure-required skills would you emphasize with aspiring RN students? What skill sets would you look for in an RN whose goal is to be a licensed APN? Recall the achievement of your most recent nursing degree or certificate. What are hallmark differences in your own skill sets as you acquire your master’s degree in nursing (MSN)?
In this Discussion, you consider differences in skill sets required of nurses at different levels of practice.
- Use this week’s Learning Resources, as well as your own research, to locate Nurse Practice Act(s) for your location (state, District of Columbia, or U.S. territory). If you live or work internationally, please select a U.S. location for the purposes of this Discussion.
- Examine the regulatory differences between nursing levels. For example, how do practice acts for advance practice nurses differ from nurses with basic RN licensure? Consider whether these differences can be seen in your practicum setting.
- Reflect on the responsibilities of RNs and APNs in your current practicum setting, as well as in previous clinical experiences, for differences in skill sets. Consider the role of nursing regulation in outlining the skills required of nurses at different levels of practice.
By Day 3
Post an analysis of the responsibilities of RNs and APNs as determined by a specific geographic location’s Nurse Practice Act. Through the lens of a nurse educator, note at least three differences in skill sets between advance practice nurses and nurses with basic RN licensure. Explain how these differences are exemplified in your practicum setting. Support your response with references to your geographic location’s Practice Act*.
* Provide APA citation for the practice act that you refer to in this Discussion.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account