Get NURS 6351 Week 4:Relationships Within the Organizations essay assignment help
NURS 6351 Week 4:Relationships Within the Organizations essay assignment
NURS 6351: Role of the Nurse Educator | Week 4 essay assignment
All organizations are perfectly designed to get the results they are now getting. If we want different results, we must change the way we do things.
—Tom Northup, author (Thompson, Benedetto, Walter, & Meyer, 2013, p. 217)
This week, you consider the larger contexts in which nurse educators work. Drawing on your knowledge of systems, you examine networks and partnerships within institutions, and analyze how these may influence a nurse educator’s performance as well as organizational success. Organizational climate, culture, structure, and decision-making processes are key aspects of your investigation this week.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6351 Week 4:Relationships Within the Organizations essay assignment
In addition, this week you continue to work toward completing course requirements, including the development of your Practicum project and assembly of your professional portfolio.
- Analyze networks and partnerships within an organization that can support or hinder the role of nurse educators
- Analyze the role of the nurse educator in relation to organizational culture, climate, structure, and decision-making processes
- Evaluate authentic educational opportunities in health care settings*
- Analyze a Practicum Experience in the context of nursing education**
- Construct a detailed Practicum log**
- Analyze issues, responsibilities, and experiences of teachers and learners in the context of nursing education***
- Evaluate evidence that demonstrates professional growth for inclusion in a professional portfolio****
*The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is submitted in Week 11.
**The Assignments related to these Learning Objectives are introduced this week and submitted in Week 7.
***The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is submitted in Week 9.
****The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is introduced this week and submitted in Week 11.
Discussion: Organizational Networks and Partnerships to Support Educational Success essay assignment
Elizabeth had recently started working at a large teaching hospital. The organization’s mission—with a strong emphasis on education—was posted throughout the building, and she often heard leaders reference it in meetings. Yet, despite a stated commitment to promoting continuing education and professional development, she had heard nurses say that they were unsure what opportunities were actually available to them, while others expressed that the schedules did not allow time to pursue activities not directly related to patient care delivery. In her new role as a nurse educator, Elizabeth wondered what she could do to understand the situation more fully and promote the success of nursing staff and the organization as a whole.
As you have explored through previous coursework in this program, an organization’s mission and vision provide the foundation for goal setting, policy formation, and decision making at all levels of an institution. Regardless of the setting in which you work—clinical or academic—it is essential to be aware of how these factors might affect your contributions as a nurse educator and how you, in turn, can positively influence the larger systems in which you work.
In this Discussion, you examine the mission and vision of a specific organization and consider how the organization demonstrates priorities and perspectives on education. You also reflect on how nurse educators can become involved in networks and partnerships.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Bring to mind a specific organization (clinical or academic) in which you can envision yourself working as a nurse educator. It may be your Practicum setting or another organization with which you are familiar.
- Consider how education is reflected in the mission and vision of the organization. What behaviors demonstrate the value of or perspectives on education within this organization? What networks and partnerships exist to support and enhance the contributions of nurse educators? Are educators involved in decision making related to education, such as policy formation, hiring, and space and resource allocation?
By Day 3
Post an analysis of the mission and vision of your selected organization as well as the networks and partnerships that support—or hinder—one’s role and contributions as a nurse educator. (Do not identify the organization, educators, or others by name.) Explain how this relates to organizational culture/climate, structure, and decision-making processes, and influences the role of the nurse educator. Justify your response with support from the literature.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional resources.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account