Get NURS 6351 Week 7:Relationships Fostering Growth-Mentors-Preceptors essay assignment help
NURS 6351 Week 7:Relationships Fostering Growth-Mentors and Preceptors essay assignment
NURS 6351: Role of the Nurse Educator | Week 7 essay assignment
Reflect on your academic and professional journey thus far. Which individuals have been the most influential in helping you grow and progress? What formal or informal roles did these individuals play? Think of your preceptor at your Practicum setting, for instance; how has he or she contributed to your learning and development? Have you forged relationships with mentors who have provided guidance, support, and encouragement? If so, how have your experiences with mentors and preceptors differed?
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6351 Week 7:Relationships Fostering Growth-Mentors-Preceptors essay assignment
This week, you examine the distinctions between mentors and preceptors, and consider the value that each has for your ongoing professional development. In particular, you consider how forging a positive relationship with a mentor can facilitate your professional development and help you to achieve the competencies required of a nurse educator.
- Evaluate authentic educational opportunities in health care settings
- Analyze a Practicum experience in the context of nursing education
- Construct a detailed Practicum log
- Analyze issues, responsibilities, and experiences of teachers and learners in the context of nursing education*
- Evaluate evidence that demonstrates professional growth for inclusion in a professional portfolio**
*The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is submitted in Week 9.
**The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is submitted in Week 11.
Discussion: Mentoring to Cultivate Competencies (Optional) essay assignment
Note: This Discussion is not required. It provides an opportunity for informal collaboration. You will not receive a grade for your participation.
Why is mentoring beneficial, and how does it differ from a relationship you might have with a preceptor? What characteristics or experiences would make someone an effective mentor? What might you be expected to contribute as a mentee in a relationship with your mentor?
As you reflect on the questions above, consider the following statement from Susan Canfield, director of the Michael G. Foster School of Business MBA Mentor Program at the University of Washington: “While mentors create structure based on their availability and what they want to offer, mentees are responsible for driving the relationship.”
In this Optional Discussion, you consider mentoring as an avenue for continuing your professional growth and development. You assess how receiving mentoring could help you to cultivate the competencies required of a nurse educator.
(Optional) To prepare
- Review this week’s Learning Resources examining the similarities and distinctions between mentors and preceptors. As a mentee, what role expectations should you keep in mind as you interact with a mentor? As a student, what role expectations should you consider as you interact with a preceptor?
- Review the nurse educator competencies introduced in Week 1 of this course. What is the value of mentorship, and how could it help you fulfill your role as a nurse educator? Specifically, how could this relationship benefit you now and/or in the future?
- Review this week’s “The Mentoring Relationship.” Reflect on the mentoring relationship between Dr. Terry Valiga and Beth Phillips. What strengths did each bring to the relationship? How did this relationship help the mentee, Beth Phillips, to grow into her role as a nurse educator?
- Consider how you could identify a prospective mentor and the steps you could take to forge a relationship with him or her. Evaluate strategies for using mentoring to facilitate career development. If possible, identify a specific individual who might be a good mentor to you at this point in time. If that is not possible, consider which qualities and/or qualifications you would look for in a prospective mentor.
(Optional) By Day 3
Post an explanation of the most significant difference between mentors and preceptors, and provide your rationale. Then, propose a plan for seeking a mentor and describe strategies for using mentoring to facilitate your professional/career development.
(Optional) Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
(Optional) By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional resources.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account