Get NURS 6401 Week 3: Theories and Conceptual Frameworks essay assignment help
NURS 6401 Week 3: Theories and Conceptual Frameworks essay assignment
NURS 6401: Informatics in Nursing and Healthcare | Week 3 essay assignment
Technology has indeed taken a place next to war, death, divorce, and taxes as a prime cause of bone-shuddering anxiety.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6401 Week 3: Theories and Conceptual Frameworks essay assignment
The above quote speaks to the initial hesitation that many experience when using new technologies. Becoming accustomed to a new system takes time, planning, and communication. To better facilitate the implementation of new technologies, nurse informaticists can employ a variety of theories and conceptual frameworks. These theories and frameworks can increase the efficiency of implementations, while also decreasing the uneasiness felt by end users.
This week focuses on theories and conceptual frameworks relevant to change management and the implementation of informatics systems.
- Analyze theories and conceptual frameworks pertinent to nursing informatics initiatives
- Evaluate applications of theories or conceptual frameworks to informatics initiatives
Discussion: Translating Theory Into Practice essay assignment
When water is in a solid state, particles are packed in a rigid pattern, conforming to the shape of its container. As the water turns into a liquid, the particles regain their fluidity, moving as the other particles around them begin to shift. Kurt Lewin’s change theory is much like the changing state of water. Applying this theory, Lewin describes workplaces as being frozen in their procedures. In this state, it is impossible for change to occur successfully because people are “frozen.” Informaticists must recognize this rigid culture and begin to implement strategies that will unfreeze the opinions and procedures of the setting. According to Lewin, only then will staff begin to accept new processes over old ones.
This process of moving from “freezing” to “unfreezing” can be a turbulent one. In fact, many nurses have equated this to “working in slush.” By applying theories and frameworks developed by Lewin and others, nurse informaticists can better facilitate informatics implementations. In this Discussion, you explore how theories and conceptual frameworks can be applied to informatics implementations.
- Review this week’s media presentation, Theories and Conceptual Frameworks, and consider how a nurse informaticist can use theories to guide informatics initiatives. What are the benefits of using theories?
- Review the article “Organization-Wide Adoption of Computerized Provider Order Entry Systems: A Study Based on Diffusion of Innovations Theory” in this week’s Learning Resources. Consider how Roger’s diffusion of innovation theory impacted the adoption of the informatics system.
- Conduct research in the Walden Library to locate a peer-reviewed article that (1) focuses on implementing a new informatics project or procedure and (2) discusses how a theory was used to guide this implementation.
- Consider alternative theories that might also be applicable to that specific implementation.
By Day 3
Post the APA citation for your article and a brief summary that includes the setting of the implementation, what was being implemented, the need for the implementation, and the titles of the staff who spearheaded the project (if provided). Identify the theory that drove the implementation, and explain how this theory was translated into practice by the planning team. Finally, suggest alternative theories that could have been used and support your response with references to the research literature.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Provide insight into how two similar implementations differed in execution and/or theory.
- Share an insight about how your own health care organization implemented a new informatics initiative, and the theories that were explicitly or implicitly used.
- Contrast how health care settings used the same theory differently to drive an implementation.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account