Get NURS 6411 Week 10: Clinical Decision Support Systems essay assignment help
NURS 6411 Week 10: Clinical Decision Systems support essay assignment
NURS 6411: Information and Knowledge Management | Week 10 essay assignment
The term clinical decision support system (CDS) refers to data analysis tools that help health care providers access the information they need to make evidence-based clinical decisions. With this technology, evidence-based practices are more easily and accurately applied. Consider for example, an individual who has sporadically sought medical help for abdominal pains and gastric distress symptoms over a span of five years. What might otherwise have appeared as a series of unrelated or minimal events could be analyzed collectively to reveal a potentially more serious condition such as Crohn’s disease or colitis?
This week, you assess features of clinical decision support systems that are available to health care professionals.
- Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of using clinical decision support systems
- Evaluate the use of clinical decision support systems to improve patient care
- Develop a database to answer a specific clinical question
ORDER NOW FOR A PLAGIARISM FREE NURSING PAPER on NURS 6411 Week 10: Clinical Decision systems Support essay assignment
Discussion: Clinical Decision Support Systems essay assignment
Decision support systems were first designed and implemented in the corporate world to support business management. The integration of support systems into health care organizations brings a sharpened analysis capacity to data warehousing and data mining. This refined data analysis capability can lead to improved patient care and diagnoses through evaluation of various symptoms, prediction of certain drug interaction outcomes, and much more.
In this Discussion, you explore the use of clinical decision support systems and consider their value in assisting advanced practice nurses in making informed decisions and providing quality health care.
- Review the information in the Learning Resources focusing on the use of clinical decision support systems.
- Consider where you seek support for clinical decisions. Do you seek advice from other health care professionals in your organization? Do you use computerized clinical decision support systems? Do you perform your own research? Assess the advantages and disadvantages of each approach.
- Reflect on how decision support technologies, including databases, might assist nurses in clinical practice.
- Consider how you can validate the integrity of the data you are using in a clinical decision support system.
- Peruse the information presented at the Open Clinical website presented in this week’s Learning Resources. Locate an article that focuses on how clinical decision support systems can be used to support or improve patient care. How does the information in the article align with or differ from your own experiences?
By Day 3
Post a description of how you currently seek support for clinical decision making and how you determine the integrity of the information you gather. Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of using computerized clinical decision support systems in clinical practice. Justify your response. Finally, summarize the article you selected from the Open Clinical website and include an evaluation of how computerized clinical decision support systems can be used to improve care.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account