Get NURS 6411 Week 3: Data Concepts-Design and Modeling essay assignment help
NURS 6411 Week 3: Data Concepts-Design and Modeling essay assignment
Each task that physicians, nurses, and nurse informaticists undertake within their respective positions generates specific data sets and requires explicit data analyses methods. Therefore, data modeling and database design require a sensitivity to specialized focuses within a health care organization. Consider Mary, for example, a nurse at a large private clinic. Her office manager has asked her to verify how many of the babies born in the last six months were later examined by pediatricians associated with the clinic. What data modeling conditions have to be taken into consideration when designing a database that suits Mary’s task?
This week, you analyze the benefits and challenges associated with data modeling in a health care setting. You also consider how to mitigate database design issues.
- Evaluate benefits and challenges of data modeling within health care settings
- Analyze strategies to mitigate database design issues
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6411 Week 3: Data Concepts-Design and Modeling essay assignment
Discussion: Data Modeling and Database Design essay assignment
The use of databases can significantly improve an organization’s ability to access, share, and apply relevant information. However, despite the wealth of data available in a database, its value is greatly dependent on its design. Designing a database that creates logical data relationships for the end users ensures the best conditions for developing information and knowledge for real-world application.
This Discussion focuses on the importance of thoughtful data modeling and database design. You also consider strategies for mitigating design issues.
- Review the information in this week’s Learning Resources on data modeling and database design.
- Reflect on how you have seen these concepts evidenced in a health care organization’s use of databases.
- Consider the benefits and challenges of data modeling, both generally and within an organization with which you are familiar.
- Review the six different issues with database design described in “Data Aggregation: A Case Study,” found in this week’s Learning Resources. Have you experienced any of these in your own database use? How could an organization avoid such issues through planning?
- Select one of the issues and conduct additional research using the Walden Library to locate an article that addresses your selected issue and provides insights into how it can be avoided.
By Day 3
Post the benefits and challenges of data modeling both generally and within a health care organization. Describe the database design issue you selected and briefly summarize your findings (include your reference). Suggest strategies for how this issue could be mitigated in the database planning phase.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional strategies for mitigating the database design issue.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account