Get NURS 6411 Week 4: Relational and Entity Relationship Modeling essay assignment help
NURS 6411 Week 4: Relational and Entity Relationship Modeling essay assignment
NURS 6411: Information and Knowledge Management | Week 4 essay assignment
You have recently taken a new position with the Cloverdale Pediatric Clinic, which has been serving a small community for decades. The doctors and nurses proudly proclaim that they have provided health care for children that are now parents who are bringing in their children for care. The clinic has decided to go digital with all health records and you have been hired to facilitate the process. You spend your first day interviewing the staff. Should children be sorted by family? Would there be an advantage to having parents’ old records linked to their children? What are the most common types of information accessed for each record?
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6411 Week 4: Relational and Entity Relationship Modeling essay assignment
The process of database design requires an understanding of design options and their potential benefits and challenges. In health care environments, there are myriads of differing user requirements that can influence the database design so it is crucial that the database is designed to make the connections that best support the users’ needs.
This week, you continue your exploration of relational and entity-relationship data modeling for health care environments by delving into entity-relationship diagrams and their role in database design. You also complete Part 1 of your Team Database Project.
- Analyze challenges associated with balanced database design
- Analyze the importance of balanced database design
- Apply rules for developing a relational database model
- Model data in a health care environment by drawing entity-relationship diagrams
- Formulate a plan for online collaboration
Discussion: Database Design Challenges essay assignment
What is the most important component of a database? Is it the design standards, the processing speed, or the information requirements? The fact is that for a database to be effective, it must have a balance between all three of these areas. However, striking a balance can often be a challenging process that requires design compromises.
For this Discussion, you analyze the challenges of balancing design standards, processing speed, and information requirements when designing a database.
- Review the information in section 4.3 in the course text, Database Systems: Design, Implementation, and Management.
- Reflect on the three areas of database design: design standards, processing speed, and information requirements.
- Consider how you would weigh the importance of each of the three areas in designing a database.
By Day 3
Post an explanation of the challenges of balancing design standards, processing speed, and information requirements when designing a database. Identify the area(s) in which you would be least willing to compromise and explain factors that might influence your decision. Explain the importance of having a balanced database design.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Expand on how your description of balancing the three areas in a database differs from your colleagues’. What can you gain from theirs? Defend the ways you think yours is more appropriate.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account