Get NURS 6421 Week 11: Project Management essay assignment help
NURS 6421 Week 11: Project Management essay assignment
NURS 6421: Supporting Workflow in Healthcare Systems | Week 11 essay assignment
When implementing any large-scale project in an organization, there are many important questions that must be addressed. For example, what are the goals of the project? What departments and individuals will be affected? How long will it take? How will it be funded? What are the risks involved? These and many other questions are essential to consider, especially in health care organizations undergoing workflow changes and informatics implementations. Projects often have constraints, whether related to scope, cost, or time. The role of the nurse informaticist is to ensure that the project is designed to best meet the informational needs of the health care organization while still remaining within project constraints.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6421 Week 11: Project Management essay assignment
This week you consider project management and triple constraints (scope, cost, and time) as they relate to the health care field. You explore how triple constraints and meaningful use objectives affect informatics projects in health care. You also turn in your Course Project Presentation.
- Analyze the impact of scope, time, and cost on project management in health care settings
- Formulate strategies to accommodate meaningful use and triple constraints in health care settings
- Develop a presentation for a proposed workflow redesign project
Discussion: Triple Constraints essay assignment
The term “triple constraints” refers to three universal restrictions that affect project management across virtually all fields, disciplines, and business sectors. These constraints are scope, time, and cost (or resources). In health care organizations, these constraints are especially relevant given the complex, interconnected nature of workflows; the urgent matter of improving care and outcomes; and the unfortunate realities of tight budgets and limited staffing. In addition, the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act and its meaningful use objectives have added even more requirements to projects undertaken in the health care field.
This Discussion focuses on project management in health care organizations. You explore how the requirements for meaningful use have complicated the implementation and conversion to a new informatics project. You also consider strategies for addressing and overcoming these challenges.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources on triple constraints and project management. Consider how each of the three constraints relate to the implementation of workflow changes, technology innovations, and system upgrades in health care settings.
- Reflect on the article, “EHR/EMR: ‘Meaningful Use,’ Stimulus Money, and the Serenity Prayer” in the Learning Resources, and consider its relevance to meaningful use objectives and the challenges they pose for the health care field. Also consider your experiences with meaningful use compliance in your health care setting. How does meaningful use contribute to additional stress for organizations?
- Consider strategies and recommendations for organizations and nurse informaticists in accommodating meaningful use and triple constraints.
With these thoughts in mind:
By Day 3
Post an explanation of how each of the triple constraints (scope, time, and cost) relate to project management in health care settings. Describe how meaningful use adds additional complexity to project management planning. Propose at least one specific strategy that could be used to address meaningful use and triple constraints.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
by Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days. Provide additional insights on the effect of triple constraints on health care informatics projects and meaningful use. Critique the strategy your colleague proposed on accommodating meaningful use and triple constraints.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account