Get NURS 6421 Week 9: Change Management essay assignment help
NURS 6421 Week 9: Change Management essay assignment essay assignment
NURS 6421: Supporting Workflow in Healthcare Systems | Week 9 essay assignment
It’s not the progress I mind, it’s the change I don’t like.
As the above quote suggests, people are usually enthused by the idea of progress and improvement, but they are often reluctant to undergo the necessary changes involved. Implementing a workflow change can be a challenging process that requires the commitment of a variety of stakeholders, including leaders, managers, and end users. Without “buy-in” from these groups, workflow changes will often be met with resistance and potential failure. In order to ensure the smooth implementation of workflow changes, nurse informaticists will need to employ a variety of change management strategies.
This week you consider how change management is an integral component of the role of the nurse informaticist. You explore change-management strategies for promoting better end-user adoption. In addition, you submit Part 3 of your Course Project and begin developing a presentation to explain the components of your Course Project to stakeholders in a health care organization.
- Evaluate change-management strategies to promote end-user adoption
- Assess competencies needed for a nurse informaticist to be a successful change agent
- Design a solution in response to a workflow problem
- Develop a future-state workflow model in Visio
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6421 Week 9: Change Management essay assignment
Discussion: Change Management essay assignment
As health care organizations adopt more and more informatics solutions, they inevitably experience significant changes. Such changes are often met with hesitation, resistance, and even outright refusal. Nurse informaticists should be aware of these barriers and be prepared to employ change-management strategies to ensure stakeholder buy-in and end-user adoption.
In this Discussion, you explore the concept of change management and how it is relevant to the role of the nurse informaticist. You consider what steps can be taken during implementation of a project to contribute to more successful end-user adoption. In addition, you explore the competencies and skills a nurse informaticist should have when serving as a change agent within an organization.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources, including pages 408–410 in the Dennis course text, on change management. How is change management relevant to the role of the nurse informaticist?
- Consider steps a nurse informaticist can take to promote more successful end-user adoption.
- What change-management strategies are most useful for a nurse informaticist to be aware of when implementing a change within an organization? How can those strategies help to mitigate negative attitudes toward change?
- Reflect on the competencies and skills required for nurse informaticists to be effective change agents. How can you best prepare yourself to manage change and address resistance?
With these thoughts in mind:
By Day 3
Post an analysis of how change management is relevant to the role of the nurse informaticist. Explain at least two change-management strategies that can be used to promote end-user adoption, and justify their effectiveness in mitigating resistance. Identify at least two skills or competencies necessary for nurse informaticists in serving as change agents, and describe how you plan to cultivate those skills or competencies.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account