Get NURS 6501 Week 1:Concepts of Physiology-Factors Influencing Disease essay assignment help
NURS 6501 Week 1: Basic Concepts of Physiology and Factors That Influence Disease essay assignment
NURS 6501: Advanced Pathophysiology | Week 1 essay assignment
Imagine the pain, suffering, and frustration patients feel when they find out they have been misdiagnosed with a disease or disorder. Additionally, consider the financial implications and consequences for time-sensitive disorders such as cancer. Since most disorders have multiple symptoms, and these symptoms are often prevalent in more than one disorder, it can be difficult for health care providers to diagnose patients correctly.
Get quick online help with your nursing essay. PLACE YOUR ORDER FOR A 100% ORIGINAL, CUSTOM-WRITTEN PAPER WITHOUT Plagiarism! on NURS 6501 Week 1:Concepts of Physiology-Factors Influencing Disease essay assignment
As an advanced practice nurse making decisions related to diagnosis and treatment, you need to have an in-depth understanding of the pathophysiology of disorders, as well as factors that influence them. This week, in preparation for your role in evaluating patients, you examine the impact of patient factors on disease. You also explore the pathophysiology of disorders and resulting alterations in cellular function.
- Evaluate the impact of patient factors on disease
- Analyze the pathophysiology of alterations in cellular function
- Understand and apply key terms, concepts, and principles related to physiology and factors that influence disease
Also read: NURS 6710 Week 6: Defining the Determinants of Health
Political-Ethical and Economical Influences on Healthcare
NURS 6501 Week 1:Concepts of Physiology-Factors Influencing Disease assignment
In clinical settings, some of the most common questions that patients ask are Why do I have this? What caused this disorder? Will it ever go away? These emotional questions can be difficult to ask and to answer. However, for patients to come to terms with their diagnoses and adhere to treatment plans, they must have an understanding of factors that might have caused, or continue to impact, their disorders. As an advanced practice nurse, it is important that you are able to explain disorders, associated alterations and symptoms, and changes that might occur within your patients’ bodies.
- Review this week’s media presentation with Dr. Terry Buttaro. Reflect on the importance of developing an in-depth understanding of pathophysiology.
- Select a disorder from the following list:
- Adrenal insufficiency (Addison’s disease)
- Cholelithiasis (gallstones)
- Colon cancer
- Cystic fibrosis
- Nephrolithiasis (kidney stones)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Select one of the following patient factors: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or behavior. Reflect on how that factor might impact your selected disorder, as well as potential associated alterations and symptoms.
- Identify the pathophysiology of the associated alterations, including the normal and altered cellular function. Consider both intra- and extra-cellular changes that occur.
By Day 3
Post a brief description of a patient scenario involving the disorder and the factor you selected. Explain how the factor might impact your selected disorder, as well as potential associated alterations and symptoms. Finally, explain the pathophysiology of the associated alterations, including changes in cellular function.
Note: For this Discussion, you are required to complete your initial post before you will be able to view and respond to your colleagues’ postings. Begin by clicking on the “Post to Discussion Question” link and then select “Create Thread” to complete your initial post. Remember, once you click on Submit, you cannot delete or edit your own posts, and you cannot post anonymously. Please check your post carefully before clicking on Submit!
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days who selected different disorders and factors than you, in the following ways:
- Share insights on how the factor you selected impacts the pathophysiology of the disorder your colleague selected.
- Expand on your colleague’s posting by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.