Get NURS 6501 Week 7: Hematological System essay assignment help
NURS 6501 Week 7: Hematological System essay assignment
NURS 6501: Advanced Pathophysiology | Week 7 essay assignment
Often in the medical field, an emphasis is placed on the importance of the heart and the lungs. While these two organs are vital to the sustainability of life, the blood is what makes the cardiovascular and respiratory systems function—it’s the connection for the heart and lungs. For this reason, disorders of the hematological system can be potentially devastating for patients. Consider the case of Connie Prochnow. Connie was diagnosed with leukemia after seeking medical care for bruising, shortness of breath, and exhaustion. Her blood disorder resulted in alterations that impacted other body systems, including her respiratory system (UW Health, 2012). Since the heart and the lungs rely so heavily on the blood, it is important that hematological disorders are quickly identified and managed.
Order now for a plagiarism free nursing paper on NURS 6501 Week 7: Hematological System essay assignment
This week, as you focus on hematological disorders commonly presented to advanced practice nurses, you examine the pathophysiology of anemia. You also explore the impact of patient factors on anemic disorders.
- Analyze the pathophysiology of anemia
- Compare the pathophysiology of iron deficiency anemia to the pathophysiology of other types of anemia
- Evaluate the impact of patient factors on anemic disorders
- Understand and apply key terms, concepts, and principles related to alterations of the hematological system
Discussion: Anemia essay assignment
In clinical settings, advanced practice nurses often encounter patients with blood disorders such as anemia. Consider the case of a 17-year-old girl who is rushed to the emergency room after suddenly fainting. The girl’s mother reports that her daughter has had difficulty concentrating for the past week, frequently becomes dizzy, and has not been eating normally due to digestion problems. The mother also informs the nurse that their family has a history of anemia. With the family history of anemia, it appears that this is the likely diagnosis. However, in order to properly diagnose and treat the patient, not only must her symptoms and family history be considered, but also factors such as gender, ethnicity, age, and behavior. This poses the question: How do patient factors impact the incidence and prevalence of different types of anemia?
- Review Chapter 21 in the Huether and McCance text. Reflect on the pathophysiological mechanisms of iron deficiency anemia.
- Select one of the following types of anemia: pernicious anemia, folate deficiency anemia, sideroblastic anemia, chronic inflammation anemia, or post-hemorrhagic anemia. Identify the pathophysiological mechanisms of the anemia you selected.
- Consider the similarities and differences between iron deficiency anemia and the type of anemia you selected.
- Reflect on how patient factors such as genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, and behavior might impact these anemic disorders.
By Day 3
Post an explanation of the pathophysiological mechanisms of iron deficiency anemia and the anemia you selected. Compare these two types of anemia, as well as their potential causes. Finally, explain how genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, and behavior might impact the anemic disorders you selected.
Note: For this Discussion, you are required to complete your initial post before you will be able to view and respond to your colleagues’ postings. Begin by clicking on the “Post to Discussion Question” link and then select “Create Thread” to complete your initial post. Remember, once you click on Submit, you cannot delete or edit your own posts, and you cannot post anonymously. Please check your post carefully before clicking on Submit!
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days who selected different types of anemia than you, in the following ways:
- Share insights on how the anemia you selected is similar to or different from the one your colleague selected.
- Discuss how genetic, gender, ethnic, age, and behavioral factors impact the diagnosis and prescription of treatment for anemic patients.
3 Simple steps to get your paper done
|Place Order||Down to work||Paper is Ready!|
Takes just a few minutes!
Best writer takes the order
Access via your account